VAVA Projector failing to update

recently purchased a Vava Projector and it is having immediate issues.

Reported Firmware 1.71

1. OTA updates download but fails after 6% install resulting in a crash where screen is disabled but fans continue to blow. Need to hold power button to turn off machine.

2. Navigating to “settings —> display” causes the application to reboot back to the logo and Home Screen.

3. Attempt to reset to factory defaults results in a crash with the screen turning off and fans continue.

4. Turning off results in screen turning off and fans continue.

I have tried fotarepair but did not see any changes. Any help before I return this as defective?

1 Like

This is truly unfortunate. I would return it. But, I wanted you to know that I have had my projector for a year and it is fantastic. No problems. It’s a great product. You won’t be disappointed when you get the right one.

We regret to hear you are having issues with your VAVA 4k UST Projector. Would you be so kind to try the following steps to see if it solves the issue.

1. Can you try to do a power cycle in the unit? Unplug the unit from a power outlet for about 5 mins, then re-plug and test it.
  2. Try to do a factory reset. (Setting > General > Factory Setting)
  3. Check what is the firmware version installed.

If the issue is still there after these steps, kindly send a photo/video of it to support@vava.com. Thank you

I’m having the EXACT same problem as @nicksun. My projector came today, and proceeded to have every single issue in the original post.

I tried the power cycle like you suggested. I attempted a factory reset, but it immediately crashed with the screen turning off and the fans still running. The version installed is 1.71.

I will be sending a video to support@vava.com.

Hi @sethtj we are sorry for what you had to go through on your VAVA 4k projector. Thank you for trying out the recommended troubleshooting steps, our support team will be looking for the email to help you further in resolving the issue.

1 Like

Sethtj - work with TeamVAVA on diagnosing. They tried - although in the end I returned my unit. I hope it goes better for you.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. I sent an email with videos attached of the issues in question. Another issue I’ve noticed is even when I power it off with the remote the fans keep running. I hope we can get this fixed.

HI @sethtj Thank you for sending the video to our support email. We will work with you there to have it resolved.

Sethj dont forget to update here. I’m curious. I landed on an optoma to replace mine but I’d love to hear what happened to you.