Vava 4k turning off randomly

Hey All,

Its been about a month since I bought the vava 4k projector and since yesterday, I have started experiencing the projector turning off randomly. Does anyone else experiencing this kind of issue? I have to start the projector and it keeps on going on. It happened twice today in about 30 min window. Did I get defective unit?

We regret to hear you are having issues with your VAVA 4k UST Projector. Would you be so kind to try the following steps to see if it solves the issue?

1. Make sure it is not overheating and there’s enough space for proper air ventilation. It needs at least 30cm of space from the sides, for proper airflow.
  2. Please try performing a factory reset by going to Settings> General> Factory Reset.
  3. Make sure that your firmware is updated to version 2.10. You can check this by going to Settings>General>Update version. Please update the projector if it is not up to date.

If the issue is still not fixed, kindly take a video of it and send it to support@vava.com. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your response.

I’ve a lot of space on both the sides of the projector so I highly doubt if it is air ventilation related. I did reset the project yesterday and also upgraded to 2.10 firmware version. It upgraded successfully.

But I’m still seeing the issue - it happened again 3 times in a 30 min window. This was still under replacement time window so I went ahead with the replacement. Hopefully the new device won’t have any issues.

@Jayesh Thank you for trying out the recommended troubleshooting steps. We are looking forward to you getting the new unit of the VAVA 4k projector for your replacement and we hope you and your loved ones can fully enjoy it from the comforts of your home theatre.

1 Like

I have same issue, just bought around 3 days, it is very frequent. sometimes it can’t fully power on. very hard to use it.

Hi @sxhuanx. Were you able to try the recommended troubleshooting steps above? If you would still have the same issue after following the steps please send an email to support@vava.com and include on the email your order number and a short video of the issue. Thank you!

I tried,it does not help, I have return it in Amazon

Hi @sxhuanx. That is unfortunate to hear. If you needed further assistance in the further don’t hesitate to contact us back. Thank you.

I have the same issue , random shut offs - I have CEC turned on.

Hello @substantial_crap Our apologies for the issue that you have with the 4k projector. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you tried to unplug all input devices and apply a factory reset? If these steps did not help, we recommend reaching out to our team at support@vava.com to have this issue addressed.

I am having the same issue. Lots of space. Temperature in the room is 73 degrees F. Shuts down randomly.

Is this terminal?

Did the second unit have the same problem?

Hi @lstereo, We regret to hear that you are encountering the same issue with our VAVA 4k projector. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you tried to unplug all input devices and perform a factory reset? If these steps did not help, we recommend reaching out to our support team at support@vava.com for us to better isolate the issue. Thank you.

I have the same exact issue! Firmware is up to date and it’s on temp controlled media room with 72F and nothing blocking on sides. Super annoying! Pls fix this asap.

Hi @Pmendu We regret to hear you are having issues with your VAVA 4k UST Projector. Would you be so kind to try the following steps to see if it solves the issue?

1. Make sure it is not overheating and there’s enough space for proper air ventilation. It needs at least 30cm of space from the sides, for proper airflow.
  2. Please try performing a factory reset by going to Settings> General> Factory Reset.
  3. Make sure that your firmware is updated to version 2.10. You can check this by going to Settings>General>Update version. Please update the projector if it is not up to date.

If the issue is still not fixed, kindly take a video of it and send it to support@vava.com. Thank you!

Thanks. Already sent the email yesterday with screenshots and explaining the issue further.

Hi @Pmendu Thank you for your email. We will look into it and we will further assist you. Thank you!

I am having the same issue as well. I tried all your steps but the projector shuts off randomly while watching. Sometimes at the beginning within less than 5 min. I already sent the email.

Hi @suman1130 We appreciate your time in sending emails. We will look into it and further assist you. Thank you have a great day!

anyone actually got fixed? or just send it to vava to fix?