VAVA please fix 4K Projector CEC

Hi @newguy the v2.10 includes the update for support to CEC protocol, when you power on/off the projector, it powers on/off the HDMI devices connected to it when the CEC function is turned on.

Hi @Nc1983 Our remote would not be able to connect directly with any IR code yet, as our remote nor projector uses an IR signal. There are future enhancements to have universal remote support soon, but still no estimated date on that.

@TeamVAVA thanks for always answering our questions. As I said there are a few supported bluetooth devices on the Harmony Hub. Have you guys made any effort to have Logitech add support for bluetooth powering on/off on their end? I would think all they need is the VAVA’s bluetooth powering code/info… whatever. Thanks!

Hello @Nc1983 We appreciate your support for the VAVA 4k UST Projector and appreciate your feedback. We are looking forward to future updates that will definitely improve our user’s experience, this includes the suggestions of our customers. We value your feedback.

Harmony support is a must if you intended to stay in this space. Just about everyone I know has some form or a universal remote control. This was a question I inquired about during the Indiegogo campaign.

Hi @AxeBro Thank you for your feedback. We will be on the lookout for the announcement from our engineers once this feature has been added to our VAVA 4k Projector.

1 Like

Looking forward for this feature also.

Hi @newguy We appreciate your feedback. This is duly noted and forwarded to our engineers.

Also missing this feature… Thanks!

…or maybe replace your android with fireOS with alexa built in and save us the trouble of getting them to work together! ;p

I’m also looking forward for this feature. I blindly assumed that the VAVA projector supports CEC properly. I can still return the projector (I just received it yesterday), which I’m now strongly contemplating.

Hi @Joberg Our VAVA 4k projector works with CEC and this can be accessed through the Bluetooth settings. If you are using the Logitech Harmony Hub, you can also try to power cycle the unit first, turn it off, then on. Then turn the projector off using the Logitech Harmony Hub. Add the projector as a standard Mac Desktop PC, then it should control all the commands as if it’s a Bluetooth Keyboard. To shut down the projector use the “sleep” moon icon. The power on command only works via the VAVA remote at the moment.

@TeamVAVA I really want to try this but not fully understanding your instructions with the power cycle and stuff. Can you give us step-by-step instructions how to add the Harmony Hub using the Mac Desktop option?

This sounds promising. Thanks!

Hi @Nc1983. For further instructions on how to add the Harmony Hub using the Mac desktop option you may want to try the steps indicated on this link: Harmony and Mac and replace Mac with the projector when pairing.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

I see Harmony Elite support discussion from last one year and I am run into similar situation as of y’day. I had detailed discussion with Vava team y’day. As of y’day Vava projector not compatible with Harmony Elite remote and Vava confirmed same y’day. They said they follow-ed with Logitech couple of months back and they still waiting for their response. I asked Harmony device supported by majority of devices (Apple, Epson projectors, Denon, Chrome, Firestick and many others) and why not Vava projector. Harmony Elite support should be must if Vava planning to stay on competition. Vava told me they will follow-up with Logitech one more time and will get back to me in 4 days. My decision would be depends on Vava team response. Otherwise I will move on to traditional Epson projectors as I am still on return window of 30 days with Amazon.

Hi @padmakarp. We are also hoping for a positive outcome with our communication with Logitech. We hope for an update soon.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

Logitech has discontinued all Harmony remote products so it would be a miracle if they added support for this projector. CEC compatibility with firestick/roku would also be good but we havent seen anything done there either. No projector updates since last year and we continue to get no dates on anything being fixed.

Hello @jumon thank you for this feedback. Our engineers are looking for ways to have our system for the VAVA 4k Projector improved. We are also eager for the next update as it will definitely provide a greater user experience.