Harmony Remote Solution?

Hey Vava… have you figured this out yet?

I’m certain I’m not the only person looking for answers here, I’ve got a fully automated movie theater accept for the Vava projector that also triggers the projector screen, it’s so disappointing. If I didn’t purpose build the cabinetry for the Vava projector to fit into, I probably would have returned it due to this issue.

Please tell me you are working with Logitech to find a solution.

1 Like

Hi @Waynesworld. Here is a workaround that you can try when using the Logitech Harmony Hub as this worked for other customers as well. Add the projector as a standard Mac Desktop PC, then it should control all the commands as if it’s a Bluetooth Keyboard. You can also try to power cycle the projector first, turn it off, then on. Then turn the projector off using the Logitech Harmony Hub. To shut down the projector use the “sleep” moon icon. The power on command only works via the VAVA remote at the moment. For further instructions on how to add the Harmony Hub using the Mac desktop option you may want to try the steps indicated on this link: Harmony and Mac and replace Mac with the projector when pairing.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

TeamVAVA, I tried that for the shutdown, it’s very glitchy so I’ve reverted back the remote. I’m hoping VAVA will find a more reliable solution soon.

Hi @Waynesworld. Thank you for the update. Rest assured that this has been forwarded to the engineers .

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

Yea, they need to fix this. Multiple requests in the forum.

1 Like

Hi @richfrantz. This has been noted. We are also hoping for the best.

No questions. I gave up, and the work around is clunky. I just upvote every time I see a post like this.

3 Likes

With Logitech retiring all of its remotes I don’t think this work around will really last much longer nor is it worthwhile to pursue. For me personally, it doesnt work at all for whatever reason (harmony hub may be the problem, not sure). Do you think you will pursue an IR adapter or integration with media players such as the Fire TV/Stick?

Hi @jumon. We will ask again our engineers. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Hummm… that explains why Vava has not worked out a solution. Luckily my Harmony is still working fine, so instead of having multiple remotes, I only have two (including the Vava remote). I’m struggling to understand what fills the void for this market?