Hs003 VAVA base station S/N does not exist

I bought the HS003 VAVA security camera system with the HS003 BASE station and 4 cameras but when i go to add the base station to my devices, it says the Base station does not exist!! How is this even possible and how could someone fix it?

Hi, @Criticallyclutch349 Thank you for notifying us about the issue. We will look into this immediately.
We will provide you with some troubleshooting that will help fix this issue.

Home Cam Troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn off the base station and camera / unplug it from the power source. Wait for 10-15 seconds before turning it back on.
  2. Turn on the base station first, then the camera. Make sure to establish solid white light on the “INTERNET” which means the internet is connected.
  3. Unplug / Replug the ethernet cable from the base station.
  4. Format the TF card.
  5. Press and hold the “SYNC button and Reset Button” simultaneously until the LED indicator flashes red and white alternately to bring the base station into pairing mode.
  6. Factory reset the home cam base and cameras, then pair it with the camera again.
  7. Log out of the app and reopen it.
  8. Uninstall and Reinstall the VAVA Home app.
  9. Press the “SYNC” button at the bottom of the camera to turn it on. The Led indicator on the camera will stay solid on RED for 5 seconds.

Please note this would be the last T.S if the above steps are not successful: Reboot your ISP - Internet Provider to establish the connection from the router to the base station. Wait for 5 mins until all connections are already booted up.

If the issue persists kindly email our support@vava.com and send a shirt video or photo of the issue. Thank you!

Maybe i was not clear but when i scan the QR code to connect my base station it tells me that my SERIAL NUMBER DOES NOT EXIST and i can not go any further, it doesnt let me pair, it doesnt sync, it doesnt do anything.

Hi, @Criticallyclutch349 This is a brand new unit right? May we know where you purchased it?

I purchases it brand new from sunnyvalley-uk a vava seller. I have included a screenshot via attachment.

Hi, @Criticallyclutch349 Thank you for sharing this information. Kindly continue to communicate with our support team via email at support@vava.com, so they can further assist you. Also, attach a photo of the error msg you get.

I would if they would ever reply but they still havent.

1 Like

This is exactly my issues also. SN not existing. Can’t connect base or do anything

Same problem here, is it an app issue or the base itself ? How to resolve???

Hi, @Lowmal and @Bonzo19 We have raised this issue to the development team. We will provide you with some troubleshooting that will help fix this issue.

1. Turn off the base station and camera / unplug it from the power source. Wait for 10-15 seconds before turning it back on.
  2. Turn on the base station first, then the camera. Make sure to establish solid white light on the “INTERNET” which means the internet is connected.
  4. Format the TF card.
  5. Press and hold the “SYNC button and Reset Button” simultaneously until the LED indicator flashes red and white alternately to bring the base station into pairing mode.
  6. Factory reset the home cam base and cameras, then pair it with the camera again.
  9. Press the “SYNC” button at the bottom of the camera to turn it on. The Led indicator on the camera will stay solid on RED for 5 seconds.

Please note this would be the last T.S if the above steps are not successful: Reboot your ISP - Internet Provider to establish the connection from the router to the base station. Wait for 5 mins until all connections are already booted up.

If the issue persists kindly email our support@vava.com and send a short video or photo of the issue. Thank you!

Hi, @Criticallyclutch349 Since this is a new order and we have exhausted all the T.S kindly reach out to the seller directly so they can provide you with a better warranty option.

Yeah unfortunately none of those steps seem to work, tried over three times already

The vava company told me it is a RARE factory defect and actually sent me a replacement after I provided proof and didn’t even need to return the first device… since I posted this they have already sent a replacement and asked me to please send anymore help that I need to them asap for any further help, the produces truly do seem to be great despite the trash talk you see others saying… when buying new things ALWAYS reach out and ask the company for help before just assuming it’s crap and blasting them online killing their reputation… they are truly a amazingly good help and will always make sure to right any wrong that is ACTUALLY their fault… (no I’m not being paid to say this) just a VERY satisfied customer… my only gripe tho is that I wish I bought the newest version, the HS004 model because it’s the only one that works with alexa and does intelligent skills… also, when you get yours working, IF it is Skippy and glittery just go into the app settings under sd card and format the SD card by pressing one button before using as this will not only fix it making it smoother but it erases the memory stored.

1 Like

Hello, @Criticallyclutch349 We appreciate the feedback you gave. Thank you for your precious time. Have a great day and keep safe!

Im having the same issue. S/n does not exist

Hi @cstoner We have raised this issue to the development team. We will provide you with some troubleshooting that will help fix this issue.

4. Format the TF card.

If the issue persists kindly email our support@vava.com and send a short video or photo of the issue. Thank you!

I have tried all these and in still getting the same issue. It says the serial number does not exist.

Hi @cstoner We appreciate your feedback. Kindly reach us via email at support@vava.com also, provide us a photo of the issue and a clear copy of the Q.R Code of your based station. Thank you!

I got my cameras set today, same issue. Called support: they had me uninstall and reinstall the app 5 times. Same error. Then the support guy entered a ticket for the engineering team to “manually add the S/N” based on the QR code picture I sent (from the bottom of the base). The problem is when he comes back and says that there´s no turn around for this to be done, I asked how come? he said that he couldnt provide a time frame. So the guy asked me to just keep the based plugged at all times to the AC and Internet. Have any of you experienced this? do you know what´s the actual wait time? this is crazy.