Direct power mode selection

Is there a setting on the VAVA Chroma that is similar to the “direct power on/off” toggle on Epson - When it is selected in the menu - if there is power to the plug the projector comes on - no power to the plug its off - without using the remote or pushing the power button. It enables you to use smart plugs and automation to control the projector power rather than using the remote or app. If not could that be included in an update.

Thank you

Hi @james, Thank you for notifying us about this inquiry. The VAVA Chroma projector, cant be controlled over IR, a smart plug, or IP. It can only be controlled using HDMI CEC but will need to use the VAVA remote to turn off and on the unit or the use of the VAVA app. Also, it’s not compatible with Universal remotes.

So if you lose the remote the projector is useless unless you want to open the app. Why would you design a product with such limitations?

Hi @james, Just in case the remote will be lost we can assist the customers by providing remote control as long as it is within warranty if not then we have a fee-based where the customer can purchase a new remote control. Don’t worry we will take note of this feedback and forward this over to our Engineering Team for future advancements.

Is there a way to Control the power on and off by using Alexa? I have the Alexa app working on the projector but it will not turn the projector on or off.

Hi, @james As per the latest update only the Alexa remote control can power on the Chroma. We haven’t tried it using the Alexa app, I believed it doesn’t work for the app but you can try it. Let us know if it does work.

I’m so disappointed in vava. Why would you put so many limitations on the way you control the projector? You can only control the power on / off with the “vava remote”. You said you Can’t use a universal remote , you can’t turn it on or off using cec. What can you do??? Just FYI Most people have more than just your projector as far as a/v components. You are forcing them to use multiple remotes (The VAVA remote is pretty limited in controlling anything other that the vava projector and isn’t that great at doing that if you read your own forum). You can’t even turn it on or off with Alexa. Ridiculous to spend that much money on a projector this limited.

I’m sorry - it’s just very frustrating.

I tried Alexa after updating and it still does not control it. Unless the projector is powered on. It just shows up as offline and can’t be controlled.

On the VAVA website it’s shows “Alexa, turn the projector off”. This does NOT work.

1 Like

Hi @james We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. It will surely benefit our company. Don’t worry we will take note of this feedback and forward this over to our Engineering Team for future updates. Thank you for your effort on this matter.

My projector is not coming on even when plugged on power

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you have issues with your projector. Please try the following steps to resolve the issue.

1. Press and hold the power button for approximately three to five seconds to reboot the projector.
  2. Remove all connected devices from the projector and turn off your device, let it rest for 1-3 hours.
  3. Try to do a factory reset and check if you have the latest firmware version

If you need further assistance, you may email us at support@vava.com or you may give us a call at 1-(888) 456-8468 (Monday-Friday: 9:00 – 17:00 PST).

Thank you and have a great day!