VAVA 4K video issue

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a VAVA 4K Projector along with a Samsung Q990B soundbar and Google TV (GTV) Chromecast with 4K.

Initially, I connected GTV directly to my VAVA projector on HDMI port 1 and from VAVA Arc port to my Samsung Q990B eArc port.

On further research online, to get dolby atmos audio, I was told I should plug in the GTV to my soundbar HDMI port 1 and leave the VAVA arc port to soundbar eArc port connection as it is.

But then after 30 mins of playing a movie, I get a warning saying the device will shut down in 30 seconds and my projector turns off automatically.

Troubleshooting steps so far:

1. Tried different HDMI ports on the projector and soundbar
  2. Different HDMI cable
  3. Tried using Roku 4K
  4. Tried different resolutions and refresh hz
  5. Disabling HDMI CEC on both device
  6. Reset the projector, and updated the firmware to 2.10 and repeated the above steps again

I don’t know if the problem is with the projector or the soundbar, I’m leaning towards the projector because it does play but plays only for 30 mins or so and I get the warning.

The projector is very well-ventilated on all sides. Tried calling VAVA customer support and no one picks up the phone after waiting for 30 mins.

I have gone through this community, facebook, reddit, and avsforum and im running out of options.

I just wanna get dolby atmos out of my soundbar and any help or work around is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Could you please send a copy of the original purchase receipt and a video demonstrating the problem with the device via email to support@vava.com? We will have dedicated customer service to solve your problem.

If you require any further assistance, feel free to contact us.