Using Vava app to project photos from iPhone to Vava—blurry images

Does anyone know how to resolve this blurry image issue?

On the iPhone : connect to the projector via the vava projector app. Then pick any pics.

Result: Pics are blurry.

Please see the attached original jpg and the image projected on the screen.

Thanks !

Hi @Lmagy2k We regret to hear that you have trouble with the unit. Would you be so kind to try the following steps: 1. Try to do a factory reset 2. Check the firmware version 3. Wipe the lens with the cleaning cloth 4. Try it on a different wall or surface to check if it will have the same issue or in the same spot.
Recommendation tutorial videos for better viewing. How to check screen distortion: VAVA 4K UST Projector Tutorial #10:How to check screen distortion - YouTube, How to adjust focus: VAVA 4K UST Projector Tutorial #11:How to adjust the focus - YouTube and How to make keystone corrections:
VAVA 4K UST Projector Tutorial #3:How to make keystone corrections - YouTube
If the issue persists please reach us back thru email at support@vava.com. Thank you!

Thanks for the reply…

My main reason is to play movies and with all the testing and settings (took me a day) with moving and adjusting the points to come with a clear and 4K experience , I’m hesitant to reset this to factory. Matter of fact—I’m not going to move and marked the position of the Vava just in case someone accidentally move it ( and when Chroma arrives:)

The version I have is 2.10 and I thought that was the latest and the greatest. How can I upgrade this to 3? When I try to upgrade, the message shows that I have the latest version.

In regards with cleaning, since I love this unit, I make sure I clean it almost everyday.

Thanks !

1 Like

Hi @Lmagy2k Appreciate your feedback. Yes! that’s correct 2.10 is the latest version. If you need further assistance just don’t hesitate to email us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

Ha ha I missed that, i thought you were referring to check version 3, you were listing the troubleshooting of cleaning the laser as number 3…

Thanks !

Hello @TeamVAVA , I just tested on my 1 month old Vava Evolve Black 4K running software version 2.10. Using VAVA Projector app on iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14.7.1 to project a photo. I have the same issue. Photos are all pixelated. But projecting videos seems OK.

Hello @Lmagy2k , would you like to try projecting a video and see if it is OK or blurry too?

Thanks.

Great idea…yeah, video is great but photos are pixilated which I tested both from my iPad and iPhone. Must be something on the code…