I’ve had the VAVA 720P for a year now. A few weeks ago, I started hearing a clicking noise coming from the monitor - like a ticking clock. Went into the baby’s room to figure out what it was, and there was NO ticking sound in her room…it was completely silent. The noise is JUST coming from the monitor. What makes it extra strange is that the lights at the top of the monitor (that show the level of noise) light up to the red level with every click as if the noise IS coming from her room. The only way to make it stop is to turn the monitor off or mute the sound, which kinda defeats the purpose. Has anyone else experienced this issue??
Hi @martamore12 Thank you for notifying us about this issue. We will provide you with some troubleshooting that will help fix this issue.
Clicking sound troubleshooting:
- Hold down the power button on the monitor for 10-15 seconds
- Do a Factory Reset 3X Menu > Settings > Factory reset
If the troubleshooting steps above don’t work.
- Completely drained out the battery on the baby monitor, let it sit for a while. Then once it’s completely drained out, charge it for 2-3hrs to make sure it’s fully charged before using it. Just don’t overcharge the monitor.
Thanks so much for your troubleshooting suggestions! Unfortunately, none of them worked. I thought that resetting to factory settings had done the trick, but the clicking sound came back within 15 min or so. Are there any other things I could try? Thanks!
Hi, @martamore12 Thank you for the response. Can you try troubleshooting the cameras?
Please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Check whether the monitor is of low battery. Charge it in time to restore a good connection.
- Check whether the camera is well connected to power. Make sure there is a SOLID GREEN LED on the bottom.
- Plug the camera on a different wall outlet.
- Try testing the camera adapter with a different charging cable.
- Check whether any large metallic objects including doors, refrigerators, mirrors, etc., are placed between the camera and monitor thus blocking the radio signals.
- Press and hold the power button on the baby monitor for 10-15 seconds.
If the issue still persists kindly email our firstname.lastname@example.org to further assist you. Thank you for all the support!
I’m having exactly the same problem. I switched the camera off and on, and it solved the problem for 5 minutes only.
I disconnected the camera from the power, waited some seconds and plugged it again. The led is solid green. It solved the problem for 15 minutes only.
I have a video of the problem, if needed.
Update: after a long time making the noise, suddenly it stopped (maybe an hour later)…