Vava touch ssd not working in iPad pro

I have recently received a vava touch and it works perfectly on a PC and Mac Pro, but it does not work when connected to a iPad Pro, or a projector running Android 9.0 - any suggestions as to why the drive is not discoverable on these devices?

Furthermore. After receiving the red light of death from both my iPad Pro and Android device. I have plugged it back into my MacBook Pro which I had previously used to transfer files, and now I get the red light from this device, and at no time does finder even recognise the drive.

I really need help to understand how I can access the files.

Thank you

Hi @Bsnimages. Please try to reformat the SSD and check if it would work. If the issue persist please email us at support@vava.com so our technical support team can help you further. Thank you!

Thanks, but I cannot for the the drive, as it is not recognised by any operating system, so in utilities I cannot even find it to do a reformat (plus, I don’t want to lose the files that are saved on it!)

Hi @Bsnimages. If that’s the case please send an email to support@vava.com with a short video of the issue and your order number. Thank you!