Vava HS003 unwanted automatic IR activation

I got a Home Camera kit with 2 cameras. I set them up and they work an can view via the Vava app, but the cameras are exhibiting some strange behaviors.

• Both cameras will activate the IR sensors on their own, which emits a loud clicking noise and the two red LEDs will activate for a few seconds. They do this on their own once a day, without me opening the app. I don’t have any monitoring schedule set. This makes me very weary to keep them online, since it makes me feel like somebody is remotely activating the cameras without my consent.

• When I do view the cameras from the Vava app, they automatically go into IR mode and make loud clicking noises. The video will always be in IR mode, even when it’s during the day time. The picture will still be in IR mode even when I have turned off the “Night Vision Light” setting.

Are these things normal for the camera? The camera model is the HS003 kit. I previously had a single HS002 model camera, which did not exhibit any of these behaviors. The picture quality also seemed to be a little better on the old model.

Hello, @crispysea Thank you for reporting this issue with us. We will look into this immediately. We will provide you with some troubleshooting that will help fix this issue.

Home Cam Troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn off the base station and camera / unplug it from the power source. Wait for 10-15 seconds before turning it back on.
  2. Turn on the base station first, then the camera. Make sure to establish solid white light on the “INTERNET” which means the internet is connected.
  3. Factory reset the home cam base and cameras, then pair it with the camera again.
    4.Log out of the app and reopen it.
  4. Uninstall and Reinstall the VAVA Home app.

If the issue persists kindly email our support@vava.com