Vava dock 12-in1 with Mac M1 and external display

I have a Macbook Air M1 and a Mac mini M1 and I am having an issue with external video. When I plug my external display on Vava dock, the colors and resolution are week, low bright, blurry. It seems it is not getting enough power, even after connecting the external power source. I tested others docks, such as OKX and a J5 Create, and they work fine without any external power source. Moreover, I tested the Vava dock with another computer, which I have Windows 10 and Linux, and it works fine.
So, it looks like a problem with MacOS. I checked and it already had the latest firmware, but I updated again, but no success!
I wonder if someone have a solution or suggestion. I appreciate any help.

Hi @fabrizzio We’re sorry about the issue that you have with your dock station. We are more than happy to help you. To start have you tried to manually change the resolution on your mac air M1 and Mac mini M1?
If you have more than one display, additional resolution options are available after the display is connected.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu, System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display, then Press and hold the Option key while you click Scaled to see additional resolutions for the second display, Select a scaled resolution option for the second display.
Connect the DC Input Port to the adapter first before, using the docking station. When PD Port (MAX 18W) is used, the DOCKING, STATION supports 45W power for your computer., When PD Port is not used, the DOCKING STATION, supports 65W power for your computer.

If the issue still persist or if you have any other questions, kindly reach out to support@vava.com

Thanks for your answer. Follow my comments. I hope they help you to assist me!

Hi @fabrizzio We’re sorry about the issue that you have with your dock station. We are more than happy to help you. To start have you tried to manually change the resolution on your mac air M1 and Mac mini M1?

Yes, I am able to change the resolution. However, the image seems to be weak; low bright; blurry.

If you have more than one display, additional resolution options are available after the display is connected.

It is a Mac Mini, so I have a display connected on its HDMI port, but I am connecting a single HDMI on VavaDock to connect the second display.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu, System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display.
  2. Press and hold the Option key while you click Scaled to see additional resolutions for the second display.
  3. Select a scaled resolution option for the second display.

Yes, I did it, but the problem is still happening. It doesn’t happen when I use a different dock, from another brand.

Special notes:
4. Connect the DC Input Port to the adapter first before
using the docking station.

I am doing that. I am using the power adapter before connecting the external display. I highlight this is happening on MacOS. In another PC with Windows 10 and Linux, it works like a charm.

1. When PD Port (MAX 18W) is used, the DOCKING
    STATION supports 45W power for your computer.
  2. When PD Port is not used, the DOCKING STATION
    supports 65W power for your computer.

There is no other device plugged on Vava dock. Only the external display!

Hi @fabrizzio this could be a compatibility issue. Based on the specification the Compatible Devices for 12 in 1: Apple MacBook Air (2019 / 2020), Apple MacBook/ Pro (2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020), Apple iMac / iMac Pro (21.5”, 27”) and Google Pixelbook or Chromebook with USB C port. We recommend reaching our team at support@vava.com to have it addressed. Thank you have a nice day.

Thanks!
I just emailed the support. Let’s see what they have for me!

Best!

Hello @fabrizzio We will have our team look into this and help you. Thank you and stay well!