Vava Chroma: Unable to fit image to 100in screen

Hi all - I just got the Vava Chroma projector and set it up with the included Vava 100in ALR screen. I tried to adjust the projector so the image is perfectly fit to the 100in screen, but it’s constantly projecting too high by a few inches. I followed the manual’s suggested parameters for projection based on having the 100in screen, i.e. having the projector 7.2in from the screen, and the screen 12.1in higher than the table, but this seems way off.

Pictured here is the screen mounted 13in from the top of the table, and the projector sitting 7.2in from the screen:

As you can see, the picture doesn’t reach the sides of the screen on the left, right, or bottom.

The closest we had the picture to filling the full 100in screen the projector was sitting maybe 10in from the screen, but the screen would need to be maybe 15 or 16in higher than the table, which is too high for this room.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the manual wrong? It’s my first time setting up a projector of any kind, so if anyone has any tips that would be much appreciated.

Hi @AllBacon We regret to hear that you’re having issues with VAVA Chroma.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps.

1. Can you try to do a power cycle in the unit? Unplug the unit from a power outlet for about 5 mins, then re-plug and test it.
  2. Factory reset 3x
  3. Check what is the firmware version installed v1.3.1

Hello @AllBacon,

I am also using the Vava 100” ALR screen but with the Vava 4K projector (not Chroma). I could not follow the manual exactly for my set up too. Maybe similar issue with the Chroma.

For reference, the back of the projector to the wall is 226mm (8.9”). Subtracting 28mm (1.1”) for thickness of screen, that means projector to screen is 198mm (7.8”). The manual stated 182.9mm (7.2”).

From table top to bottom of screen is 362mm (14.25”). Add 10mm (0.4”) for the bezel means table to image is 372mm (16.65”). The manual stated 307.3mm (12.1”).

So mine was quite off compared to the manual too.

Just to be clear, I am not using any electronic image adjustments at all - no keystone, no zoom, no 4-corner adjustments.

1 Like

Confirmed I have power cycled the projector, factory reset the device 3 times, and that I am on the latest firmware version 1.3.1. The projector still does not fill the 100in screen at the distances provided in the manual, so this is still an issue.

Hi @AllBacon Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue. To better assist you, kindly email a short video of the issue to hello@vava.com. Thank you!

Looks like the board the projector is standing in is just little bit too height. As the surroundings look very evenly spread, if you lower the board a bit and readjust and if its not ok lower again. Best is if your lowboard as screw adjustable footings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, @marc_cologne Thank you for your help. A very good suggestion.

I have the exact same problem, but with the 120" screen, top and bottom are mostly perfect. Left and right are both short. Projector is centered and level. The image just does not hit the sides when fitted tightly to the top and bottom.

Before the install I did the math, 8" off the floor, 11" back from the wall (cut a thick cardboard form, got kids) .

The projector is sitting on an adjustable standing desk adapter, so the height can be tweaked infinitely. It isn’t that.

I’ve done the dead chicken shaking voodoo of “unplug and and 3x factory reset” couple times. Made absolutely no difference.

Out of the box and after the factory resets, shined on the wall, the image is not square, edges not straight, they bulge.That suppose to be the case?

This is not my first projector, go all the way back to a Barco RGB 9" CRT (about the size of a jetski), my last was a Sony VPL-HW65ES.

The Barco was frustrating, you had to manually converge the three CRTs, but it never had a geometry problem (some 20 years ago).

Going on a day here and far more frustrated than that. At this point I feel the unit is faulty.