VAVA Chroma: MEMC Smoothness Lost

Hi,

I play mainly flight simulators with Trackir (lots of panning in sim), as well as regular motion of objects on the screen (propeller blades etc.) I am connected via PC HDMI (2.0 enabled) port with vsync enabled, and I am running firmware 1.7.4

Initially with MEMC set as resolution or smooth, I would get smooth motion / movement on the screen via panning or looking at propellers spinning (fast motion) on the screen.

I suddenly lost the smooth effects, and now the image will ghosts with motion / or flicker with motion, or even heavy stutters in game image mode.

Going back the original settings does not resolve the issue. I do not know what changed, but I no longer get the smooth motion effect. This new / odd behavior is consistent across several PC titles that were initially smooth, very smooth with motion on the screen.

I have tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes and resetting 3x, but I can no longer get back to the smooth gameplay I originally experienced when first setting up the projector.

Hey EDJ_User!
I don’t work for VAVA, but have you tried the “Close” setting on the MEMC?
I know that ghosting is usually fixed (or at least greatly lessened) when it’s on “Close” and image is on “Game”.
Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your reply.

For me, Game image is the worst as it introduces heavy stutters regardless of the MEMC. In fact, at this point, I don’t see a difference between any of the MEMC settings.

Hi @EDJ_User, Thank you for notifying us about this issue. To further assist you with these technical issues,if this was purchased directly from our website please send a short detailed video of the issue at support@vava.com but if this is purchased from Indiegogo kindly email our VAVA chroma IndieGoGo team at hello@vava.com