Vava Chroma: Many many audio issues when using streaming apps on Chromecast with Google TV

I watch all of my streaming on a Chromecast with Google TV.

When I stream Netflix: Netflix defaults to the 5.1 sound. No audio from the Chroma. Netflix has an option to switch from 5.1 to just Stereo. Then the Chroma outputs audio.

When I stream Disney Plus: No audio from the Chroma. I noticed the movies I tried to play were 5.1 sound. Disney Plus does not have option to switch from 5.1 to Stereo. I cannot watch Disney Plus at all.

When I stream HBO Max: Same as Disney Plus. No audio. I cannot watch HBO Max at all.

Again the setup for all this is a Chromecast with Google TV plugged into HDMI 1 of the Vava Chroma.

Please fix this. It’s awful.

Hi, @MattCA Thank you! We appreciate your honest feedback. We regret to hear that you’re having issues with the audio. Please try the following troubleshooting steps.

1. Try using the HDMI 3
  2. Can you try to do a power cycle in the unit? Unplug the unit from a power outlet for about 5 mins, then re-plug and test it.
  3. Factory reset 3x
  4. Check what is the firmware version installed v1.3.1

If you are using a 3rd party streaming device try to change the audio mode to either stereo, Dolby Digital, or turn off Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Atmos.

1 Like