Vava 4k projector Power-on on its own randomly

From last two months my vava projector starts on its own, I checked there are no timers(Sleep) setup. I tried resetting it to factory settings that did not helped. Firmware version is 2.10. I thought my Kids started it and left it on but that is not the case. There is no specific time it starts on its own. I also check if my remote control key is not stuck or pressed. Its only 3 months old and started showing problems. Please advise what should I do to resolve this issue? I have only Firestick connected with it on HDMI1. This issue occurs with and without any peripheral connected to projectors.
Thanks and Regards,
Anil

Hi @anilhadap. Thank you for the detailed explanation. Please send us an email to support@vava.com so our dedicated technical team can assist you further on this. Please include your order number as well. Thank you!

Vava Team,
I have already sent an email to support team and waiting for response.

Hi @anilhadap. Our support team has received it and is currently checking for a solution. Thank you.

Just so you (and Vava) are aware, you are not alone in seeing the projector fire up on its own. We bought ours last fall and had no problems. I believe this unexpected start perhaps began after the last update. I chalked it up to the possibility of power surges and honestly wasn’t sure it wasn’t attributable to either the powered screen or the Shield – both of which are connected to the projector. Since you, and likely others have noticed it, I’m pretty sure it’s the projector. In any event, we’ve seen the unexpected power up half a dozen times. Hope they find what’s causing it.

You can stop the issue by putting the fire sticks control of devices in “Manual” mode or turn off both of the CEC settings on the projector. This is not a good fix since it disables the CEC functionality needed due to the remote not having IR that is compatible with most external control solutions. Hopefully VAVA updates the CEC behavior and compatibility with Fire Stick and other players. Another good fix would be to include code to use an IR device connected to the USB.

2 Likes

Hello
My VAVA also turn on by itself multiple
Times, I only have Apple TV connected, what is going on???

Hi @Livefrmiami We regret to hear you are having issues with your VAVA 4k UST Projector. Would you be so kind to try the following steps to see if it solves the issue?

Make sure it is not overheating and there’s enough space for proper air ventilation. It needs at least 30cm of space from the sides, for proper airflow.
Please try performing a factory reset by going to Settings> General> Factory Reset.
Make sure that your firmware is updated to version 2.10. You can check this by going to Settings>General>Update version. Please update the projector if it is not up to date.
If the issue is still not fixed, kindly take a video of it and send it to support@vava.com. Thank you!