VAVA 2K Dual Dash Cam

How long does it take for the internal battery to charge, seems like every time I disconnect power the battery indicator is red showing no charge, I have left the dash cam plugged in for hours and still it doesn’t seem to take a charge.

Hi @UncleTom The internal battery should be fully charged within 3 hours while using the dashcam when plugged to 12v. The red light might just also be an SD card issue or the dashcam is taking an emergency recording. To isolate the issue, kindly try and remove the SD card from the device if you still see the red LED or if it makes any sound. If possible try a different SD card or reformat it to FAT32 through a computer. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

I am referring to the “Battery Indicator” as being red, low battery not red light. I have left the dash cam plugged in to 12V source over night, internal battery still not charged.

Hello @UncleTom Thank you for verifying the issue and we are sorry for the trouble this has caused. Looks like this device needs to be replaced. We suggest reaching out to our team at support@vava.com to file a claim. Thank you!