Vava 2.20 version

What is new in this version

2 Likes

Hi, @kmkintl Thank you for notifying us of this inquiry. We are still waiting for the Engineering team to provide us with more information about the new firmware version 2.20. We will get in touch with you once we have the latest update. Thank you for supporting VAVA.

Hello, @kmkintl Hope you’re doing well. This are the list of the features for version 2.20.

1 Fixed the issue of possible random screen flickering after 3D turned on
2. Fixed the issue that the mouse is not responsive sometimes
3. improved the stability of sound output.
4. Fixed the issue of black screen or locked search signal screen when turning on the unit with boot source connected via HDMI.
5. Fixed the issue of screen jittering during 3D viewing
6. Fixed the issue that sometimes the volume key is unresponsive when long pressing.
7. Reduced the image jitter issue
8. Fixed the issue that HDMI channels automatically switch sometimes.

2 Likes

Suggestions for a later update.

1. Light source settings. I have this set to 4 but every time I start up the Vava I have to reset it back to 4. Is there a way for the Vava to remember and start on 4.

2. Is it possible to create and save our own image modes. Right now we only have one. Customized.

3. Trouble with HDMI ARC. I currently use an optical cable but unable to get HDMI arc to work. Currently plugging into a Sony reciever 1020.
    Whether I’m watching from Vava apps or trying to use Google tv plugged into the Vava the HDMI ARC will not work.

4 Apps in store work ok but unable to play movies from YouTube. Disney works but has some clarity issues. I would call ghosting.

This update made the projector pretty much unusable. It flashes white every few minutes and the audio drops out with a loud crackling noise when the flashes occur. (I’m outputting the audio through eARC to my receiver.)

Is there a way to go back to the previous version?

I’m having the same issue. Issue started after last update.

Update broke eARC connectivity through HDFury. Only sound now is PCM and I also have the crazy stoppage and freezing.

DO NOT UPDATE!

I’m presently trying to figure out how to downgrade back to the previous version.

The update turned off the HDMI 2.0 setting. Once I turned that back on the sound worked again through my receiver. I haven’t tested it through the projector speakers yet.

Hi everyone important update: The firmware 2.2 is only intended for those that have version 2.1. If you have version 1.2 it means that you are already updated and that your unit was just recently bought. While there may be confusion on this, rest assured that version 1.2 does not need the recent update.

If you have any further questions or concerns kindly email support@vava.com

Does this relate to Android crashes. Android crashes/corrupt every single day I turn on the Chroma a MINIMUM of 1-2 times. How can you update/re-install Android?

1 Like

Same here, First i thought its just with the Nintendo Switch plugged in, but now Chroma shuts down nearly everey day No matter what source is plugged in.

A manuel how to reinstall the Firmware would be great.

Hope a new Firmware is coming soon

Hello @Rayvava and @Schwoin We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. It will surely benefit our company. For VAVA Chroma we will take note of this feedback and forward this over to our Engineering Team for future advancements. Thank you for your support!

Is there a download link for version 2.2? I am on 2.1 and my projector isn’t downloading the update automatically.

Hi, @Adis24 We appreciate your inquiry. To further assistance kindly email support@vava.com