VA-UC016 9-in-1 hub: Ethernet port not recognised

My ethernet connection works when connected directly to the port on my Dell Lattitude 5400. But Windows 10 doesn’t even recognize the port on the VA-UC016 hub.

I am already running a 2560x1440 HDMI monitor, 3 x USB devices already. I have a 100W power supply connected to it.

I am trying to minimize the number of cables I need to plug and unplug when ‘dock’ and ‘undock’ my laptop. So I don’t want to run the ethernet cable to my PC.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @gangav. Try to turn off Wi-Fi when using the ethernet port of the hub if this wouldn’t work kindly unplug the hub from your computer and plug the ethernet cable to the hub before plugging into the computer.

If you are still having issues please email us at support@vava.com or you may call us by dialing
(888) 456-8468. Thank you!

I tried both - turning off wifi and plugging in the hub after the ethernet cable. Didn’t work.
It isn’t even showing up as an Ethernet Network Adapter.

Hi @gangav. Thank you for the update. We regret to hear it did not work. Kindly contact our support team via email: support@vava.com or phone (888) 456-8468 as we would like to assist you further. Thank you!

I had the same problem as you and followed instructions here for a similar hub to get this working successfully Fixing Ethernet Issues - macOS Users – Satechi

Hi @samizzle We regret to hear that you have the same issues Kindly contact our support team via email: support@vava.com or phone (888) 456-8468 as we would like to assist you further. Thank you!

1 Like

I resolved the issue myself. It seems on Macs you have to add the Ethernet port as a USB connection otherwise it is not detected. The solution is in the link i posted in my comment above.

Hi @samizzle Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it! This will help other customers that has the same issues. Have a great day. Keep safe!