My VA-IH006 worked pretty well for the first 6 months or so, but recently I have been having an issue, which can be reproduced as follows:
- Turn on camera
- Turn on monitor (monitor is in same room as camera, about 30 cm apart)
- Monitor works as normal (can see picture and hear audio)
- After about 1.5 mins (or less) the “Poor connection” screen comes up and remains. The picture and audio never return.
- Rebooting the monitor generally doesn’t help. As soon as the monitor is turned on again the “Poor connection” screen comes back up again, this time no picture or audio.
As noted above, this is not related to distance as the units are in close proximity (30 cms approx).
Firmware version on the monitor: 1.0.63 1.0.47EU.
Please help. Is this issue able to be resolved locally or do I need to return the unit for repair?
Hi @frustrated Thank you for reporting this issue to us. We will look into it immediately. Poor error connection is a common issue if the camera is OFF or not getting enough power.
Please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Check whether the monitor is of low battery. Charge it in time to restore a good connection.
- Check whether the camera is well connected to power. Make sure there is a SOLID GREEN LED on the bottom.
- Plug the camera on a different wall outlet.
- Try testing the camera adapter with a different charging cable.
- Check whether any large metallic objects including doors, refrigerators, mirrors, etc., are placed between the camera and monitor thus blocking the radio signals.
- Press and hold the power button on the baby monitor for 10-15 seconds.
If nothing above is involved please do the FACTORY RESET 3x
- PRESS THE MENU
- GO TO SETTINGS (GEAR ICON)
- FACTORY RESET (ARROW GO ON CIRCLE)
If the issue is not resolved, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org to further assist you.
Thanks. Unfortunately that didn’t resolve the issue. When I power on the camera, the light is blinking in a pattern that is roughly 1 second on, 100 ms off. I will send an email to the support email.
Hi @frustrated We appreciate your response. Hope you enjoy your holiday. We will be more than happy to further assist through email.