VA- IH006 needs help! Range Issues!

Help needed for the titular model of VAVA.
In the past few days it started to show a distinct drop in effective monitoring range, and nowadays, it won’t show anything if the screen is more than 10 feet away from the camera, which is USELESS for a dad with a 4-month baby girl.
Tried re-pairing and re-booting to factory settings, but still won’t do. Any ideas? Thanks very much!

Hi, @Toby Thank you for notifying us about the issue. To help you with this concern could you check whether the camera is near the monitor (recommended to keep within 1.5-2m / 4.9-6.6ft) & Check whether there are any large metallic objects including doors, refrigerators, mirrors, etc., are placed between the camera and monitor thus blocking the radio signals.

Poor error connection is a common issue if the camera is OFF or not getting enough power. If nothing above is involved, please retry to pair.

Thanks for the response.
As far as I am concerned, there are no large metal objects between the two terminals, except for a timber door and approx 3m’s worth of corridor. It usually works for this kind of distance, but now all of a sudden it doesn’t.
Oh one more thing about the camera, I need to keep it plugged all the time or it will get virtually no power at all. Is that normal?

Hi @Toby We appreciate your response. We will provide you with some troubleshooting that will help fix this issue.

Baby Monitor Troubleshooting Guide:

1. Unplug / Replug it into a different outlet.
  2. Press and hold the power button on the baby monitor for 10-15 seconds.
  3. Turn off both monitor and camera to restart/re-sync, wait for 10 secs then power it back on. Turn on the camera first & then the baby monitor, once everything is ON make sure the camera has a SOLID green light indicating that it’s already synced to the baby monitor.
    4. FACTORY RESET do it 3x
    *PRESS MENU
    *GO TO SETTINGS (GEAR ICON)
    *FACTORY RESET (ARROW GO ON CIRCLE)

If the issue persist, please email support@vava.com

@Toby did you ever get an answer to this? I saw VAVA responded with the factory reset solution that, from your original post, you said you already did. We also are experiencing a sudden signal strength drop after about 3 months, only works within about 10 feet. Nothing has changed in our house either.