Update 2.10 projector updat

What is the 2.10 update? I cannot find info about this update. Do I need it?

Yes, you would need the update. To check please go to Settings>General>Update version. Please update the projector if it is not up to date. If it will not push through you may want to do a factory reset by going to Settings>General>Factory Reset ang try the update again.

Is there a list of changes somewhere?

Hi @newguy. One of the inclusion on the update is fixing the connection anomaly visual bug, this is when setting up the network it shows “connection anomaly” but in fact you are already connected to the internet. As of now we do not have a complete list yet on what is included on the update.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com.

Where can I download the latest version 2.10? Since I upgraded the firmware to v2.01, the wifi does not work and the time zone is off. Please help.

Hi @kchiu171. Please try performing a factory reset by going to Settings>General>Factory Reset. Once the projector has reset, update to firmware v2.10. This can be done by going to Settings>General>Update version. You will see the latest version ready to be updated.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

Hi, I did the Factory Reset twice and still cannot connect wifi. I also reset my modem and router still no luck. Where can I download the latest version 2.10 or can you email me a copy so I can manually install it. Thanks.

@kchiu171. We regret to hear it did not work. Rest assured we will help you out. Please try the steps below to help manually update to firmware v2.10:

1. Download this file to a Flash Drive: VAVA_V2.10_20201127.111030-user-ota.zip - Google Drive
  2. Eject Flash Drive
  3. Perform a Factory Reset on the projector
    a. General Settings>Factory Reset
  4. Plug Flash Drive into the USB port on VAVA 4k.
  5. Navigate to General Settings>Update by USB
  6. Select File VAVA_V2.10 from Flash Drive
  7. Select Wipe Data
  8. Accept Installation

If you will still have difficulties please email support@vava.com with a short video of the issue. Thank you!

Hi VAVA,

Can I not to do Factory reset cause will mess up the Keystone Correction?

Keng

Hi @kchiu171. Your Keystone adjustment will be altered if you do a factory reset being set back to the default mode. We do not recommend using keystone adjustment unless you are required due to your set-up or if you are using a tapered screen. Before using your keystone adjustment try and get the image as square as possible by following our positioning guide (attached).

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com.

After re-installed the v2.10, all problems fixed. Thanks for the support.
BTW, what is the v2.10 fixed for?

Hi @kchiu171. Great! We’re glad it worked. You’re most welcome on that. We do not have the complete list yet on what is included in the firmware update as we are waiting for our engineer’s notes. But some are fixing connection issues and 3D functionality.

Thanks again for your help

Dear Support Team,
I have tried this update on VAVA 4K UST projector and once done got huge issue that the laser light source is not coming out.
Please assist me as the unit is located in Myanmar where there is no authorized service available. Any suggesting as this is happening just this morning and unit was completed fine with previous version 1.2.

Thanks.

Hi @tayza19 we regret to hear you are having issues with your VAVA 4K UST Projector. Would you be so kind to try the following steps to see if it solves the issue?

Please try performing a factory reset 3x by going to Settings> General> Factory Reset.

If the issue is still not fixed, kindly take a video of it and send it to support@vava.com. Thank you!

Dear Team VAVA,
I couldn’t as the unit is no longer showing display or there is no laser light comes out from the unit. Is there any other way do factory rest with power button alone? Please see attached video.

(Attachment Video.mov is missing)

Hi, @tayza19 Thank you for your response. Would you be so kind to try the following steps:

1. Can you try to do a power cycle in the unit? Unplug the unit from a power outlet for about 5 mins, then re-plug and test it.
  2. Try to plug it into a different outlet.
  3. Try to move it to a different location.

If the issue persists kindly email support@vava.com and please send us a short video of the issue. Thank you!

Dear Vava Team,
Done the different locations and different outlet procedures, but still no chance of unit display comes out. The power button turns on when you plug into AC outlet then press it once, it start blinking several with fans turn on whereas brief time afterwards, blinking light off and fans still running but unfortunately no light source for display comes out.
Short Video was sent to VAVA Facebook Messenger for reference as i couldn’t attach .MOV file for support@vava.com.
I planning to send the unit to Singapore authorized dealer which i bought it from last year 9/9/21, Element 5 and is there a chance that this unit can be repaired at shop or need to send out other places abroad?

Any Suggesting??
Thanks

Thanks

Hello, @tayza19 Just wanna verify it was working fine before you tried to do a firmware update right?

Yes, this unit was working fine with version 1.2.