- 1 Thinkpad laptop, with only 1 HDMI port (no display port or VGA)
- 1 USB-C Hub (Vava va-uc006)
I then tried connecting one monitor directly to the laptop via HDMI and another through the hdmi port on the usb-c hub. However, I can never get them both to work simultaneously.
Here’s a step by step of the issue:
- I connect the usb-c hub to the laptop through its usb-c port
- I connect monitor A directly to the laptop, through its hdmi port
- At this point, the monitor is detected and everything’s working fine
- Then, I connect monitor B to the HDMI port on the usb-c hub
At this point, monitor A stops being detected (it doesn’t even show up in the Windows Device Manager anymore) at the same time as monitor B gets detected. If I then disconnect the HDMI cable for monitor B, then monitor A gets instantly detected once again.
Can anyone help me? As far as I’ve seen, my laptop is supposed to support up to 3 displays, so this shouldn’t be an issue, right?