Set up using a retractable ceiling mounted screen

Just got my 4K. Planning, for now, on using with my current retractable ceiling mounted screen. I understand this may not be optimal. My immediate question though is at what level I should place the projector for this screen, When fully open, it stops about 4 feet above the floor. If it makes any difference the screen is about 100 x 50 inches . Beginners question but I didn’t see any guidance beyond how far back to place the projector. Thanks much in advance.

Hi @Drevil. We have attached a file that shows the measurements you can follow depending on the image size you want to achieve.

Instructions below is how to set up a 100" screen size, which can be your base start if you wanted to get a wider image size:

1. 100" Display size, set the throw distance at 7.2" away (measured from the port side of the projector to screen), please use a measuring tool for this either a ruler or a steel tape measure for accurateness.
  2. Measure the vertical offset which should be 12.1" (measured from the bottom of projector to bottom of screen), you can adjust the projectors feet for this.
  3. For any distortion left use the keystone correction (YouTube link: VAVA 4K UST Projector Tutorial #3:How to make keystone corrections - YouTube).

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!