Roku remote volume controls on Vava 4K

Hi… For a long while my Roku Streaming Stick+ remote was controlling the projector’s volume and mute. No idea how I managed to get it set up that way, but it’s no longer working. And when you go into the Roku’s remote setup options, it asks for a TV brand – and Vava isn’t listed.

Thoughts? Suggestions? TIA!

Hi, @Justrick We appreciate your reporting to us about this issue. Hope this helps you. Kindly power cycle the projector by unplugging the power cable and letting it sit for 5-10mins. Make sure the CEC is ON. Have a nice day. Thank you for supporting VAVA.

Thank you for the response. That didn’t resolve the issue.

Hello, @Justrick Thank you for your feedback. Hope you’re doing well. Please try performing a factory reset by going to Settings> General> Factory Reset. Once the projector is reset, please make sure that the projector has the latest firmware. This can be done by going to Settings>General>Update version. Please update the projector if it is not up to date. Thank you for supporting VAVA.

I really don’t think any of these steps are related to my issue. Can you please describe the setup process for using a Roku remote to control the projector’s volume?

Hi @Justrick The steps for the CEC function. Make sure to turn on CEC and HDMI 2.0 is on. Change the battery for your Roku remote, Unplug & replug the Roku device on your projector. If still doesn’t work try to do a factory reset 3x. Thank you for supporting VAVA.

In my experience only the Roku Ultra allows you to control the volume on the Vava

1 Like

@ksdg025 - I recently lost the ability to control the Vava volume with my Roku remote. I’ve been using it with my Roku 4k streaming stick. I saw your post where you indicated you had success controlling the Vava volume using the Roku Ultra. Is this still working for you? And if so, are you also able to turn the Vava on/off with your Roku Ultra remote?

The combination i used was the roku 4k ultra and a high end 4k cable with ethernet. I had other commodity cables but they did not allow the volume control to work.

Thanks @ksdg025.

1. Does it still work today for you?
  2. Were you also able to turn the VAVA on and off with the Roku remote?

Same issue for me several days ago I lost volume control from roku Ultra remote to vava projector. Originally had this without issue for the past year.

Same thing just started happening to me. Must have been an update to one of the devices. Can we please get it back?

I can still use the Roku remote to turn on the Vava but volume and mute control no longer works as it did before.

Can anyone let me know if they were able to solve this problem?

This has not been reoved as far as I can see. I have reset both Roku and Vava to factory defaults and there is still no support for the Roku remote

As stated in the original post, when setting up the roku remote the setup asks for the TV brand. Does the VAVA have an equivalent brand that can be used?

Ridiculous that they still can’t fix this problem.

@ksdg025 Thank you for sharing your experience regarding how to use the unit.

Please contact support@vava.com. Our support team will the issue and find a solution for you.