Poor Connection Baby Monitor

Purchased the baby monitor and it has never worked- both camera and monitor are charged, but it says “poor connection” no matter where the monitor and camera are in relation to each other. Have restarted both. Any ideas on how to fix?

Hi @Cmegs. Please try the following troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue:

1. Unplug the camera from the outlet
  2. On the monitor do reset to factory settings and do it thrice
  3. Re-plug the camera
  4. Press and hold the ok button for 2 minutes
  5. Monitor if the issue has been resolved

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

Worked! Thanks so much!

Hi @Cmegs. You’re most welcome. Glad it worked.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

Hi, I’m facing the same issue too. Tried out the described troubleshooting steps and it still did not work. Please help.

Hi @Chmimz. That is unfortunate to hear. In that case please send an email to support@vava.com for further assistance on this issue. Please include in your email the invoice from the order and a short video of the problem.Thank you!

Hi, I’m having the same issue. Have had camera and monitor since January and occasionally lost connection but now it seems to be happening constantly and unfortunately mostly at night. 1am, 3am and 5am when I have a 5 month old baby is not ideal. I’ve also tried the above steps and it hasn’t helped. Had to switch off completely and hope that I heard my baby crying with all doors open.

Hi @Courts We are sorry to hear about your issue and thank you for applying the recommended steps. If you are still having issues even after making sure that there are no large metallic objects in between the devices and no products that use 2.4 GHz nearby, kindly reach out to our team at support@vava.com to have this addressed.

Same issue. When you unplug and plug back in, should the camera be switched to on or off?

Hi, @Hparm12 We apologize for the inconvenience that you’re having with the baby monitor. We’re happy to help you. Poor error connection is a common issue if the camera is OFF or not getting enough power. Please follow these troubleshooting steps: Check whether the monitor is of low battery. Charge it in time to restore a good connection. Check whether the camera is well connected to power. Make sure there is a SOLID GREEN LED on the bottom. Plug the camera on a different wall outlet. Try testing the camera adapter with a different charging cable. Check whether any large metallic objects including doors, refrigerators, mirrors, etc., are placed between the camera and monitor thus blocking the radio signals. Press and hold the power button on the baby monitor for 10-15 seconds. Try to do a factory reset 3x MENU - GO TO SETTINGS - FACTORY RESET.

If the issue persists please email us at support@vava.com. Thank you!