Out/altered pixel

I have a pixel that seems to be defective or malfunctioning. Is this covered for repair?

I have tried to post a video but it won’t allow me to post from my iPhone. The photo shows the dot in the center.

Hello @Rayvava, We regret to hear you are having issues with your VAVA 4k UST Projector. Would you be so kind to try the following steps to see if it solves the issue?

Please try performing a factory reset by going to Settings> General> Factory Reset.
Once the projector is reset, please make sure that the projector has the latest firmware.
This can be done by going to Settings>General>Update version. Please update the projector if it is not up to date.

If the issue is still not fixed, kindly take a video of it and send it to support@vava.com. Thank you!

Have done the requested steps. Software is V1.6.1 The pixel is still visible.

In the video you will see it remain constant against the moving background.

Please advise.
Ray

(Attachment Video.mov is missing)

I tried attaching a video from my iPhone and the format was rejected. What else can I do?

Hello @Rayvava, May we ask where did you purchase the projector? Are you using a ALR Screen?

I purchased during the campaign on indiegogo. The ALR screen is Vava and was part of the purchase.
This does not have anything to do with the screen. It is a pixel not working.

After about 10.5 months of use, mine too is doing the same thing on the right side of the screen. Extremely disappointing.

Hi @Rayvava, Since you got this from VAVA chroma Indiegogo kindly email hello@vava.com and please send them a short video of the issue. Thank you for your support!

Hello @oniowa30, We’re sorry to hear you’re having an issue with the projector. Let us get this sorted out. May we know where did you purchase the unit? Just wanna make sure the model that you’re referring to is the VA-LT002 or VAVA Chroma? Thank you for your support!

I sent your team an email yesterday and attached the receipts along with pictures of the pixel.

Thanks!
Keaton

1 Like

Having the same problem and manufacturer stated to me this is a reoccurring problem and they will not honor my manufacturer 2nd year warranty. Tried reseting but it had 0 affect

I am having the same issue. Vava chroma unit backer from indiegogo. Less than a year old and there is a dead pixel.

Hi @Josh, We regret to hear that you’re experiencing a dead pixel issue with the VAVA Chroma. To further assist you, with your technical issues, kindly email our IndieGoGo support at hello@vava.com