Obnoxious Noise

My VAVA 4K Projector is making an obnoxious noise on startup and continues as long as the projector is on. When the power is applied, a winding up noise starts up and reaches a certain pitch (like starting a jet engine), is loud and distracting. I have taken the projector apart, cleaned everything, to no avail. A friend told me it could be a capacitor ready to blow but I have not diagnosed the circuit board yet to see if that might be the problem. I need help before I completely wreck this expensive projector. Otherwise, I’m going to buy a new television and ditch the projector. So far, I regret buying the thing.

Hello @Donald, Thank you so much for notifying us about the issue. Hope this helps you The humming should be no louder than 32-35dB, I have attached a Decibel Chart for your reference.

Please try performing a factory reset by going to Settings>General>Factory Reset. Once the projector is reset, please make sure that the projector has the latest firmware. This can be done by going to Settings>General>Update version. Please update the projector if it is not up to date.

Factory Reset complete. Firmware up to date. Obnoxious noise still there. This noise was not there for about a couple of years after I purchased the unit. Of course, this noise began after the factory warrantee expired. The decibel scale you provided is useless and not applicable. I cannot tolerate a constant loud humming/buzzing noise while I watch television. It’s obnoxious and distracting as I originally stated.

Buyer beware, buy yourself a 80 inch tv from Sams club that comes with a warranty and it gets fixed or replaced no problem unlike VAVA

Hello @Donald, Is there a way for you to clean the air fans? Could be the reason why it’s having a high pitch noise because of the dirt inside the fans. For cleaning the air fans, you may use compressed air pumps to blow off the air, also brush and cloth are ways to clean the projector.

Please note it is not recommended to open the projector.

Kindly email support@vava.com if the issue still persists after cleaning the air fans and send us a video of the issue.

try setting the image brightness from 9 to 5, within the minute the fans should spin at a lower speed.
Also, when room temperature is above average (+ 22°) the projector will have it hard I notice for myself.

I also replaced the stock fans with Noctua’s and removed some of the plastic fan protection at the hot side (= output fans). Now fans will stay quiet in all situations.

1 Like

Cleaned everything. Changed settings. No difference.

Hello, @Donald Thank you for the feedback. May we know where did you purchase the projector?

Directly from VAVA website.

Hi, @Donald since this was purchased directly from our website Kindly send us a short video of the issue and the order number at support@vava.com