My viva monitor is rotating on its own

Monitor is rotating on its own .
Being a digital monitor I believe it is not hackable , but this is scary.
Need some assurance , reason , help to resolve the issue

Hi, @pad22 Thank you for informing us of this concern. Could you share with us the model number? When does this issue started? Have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps? Thank you for your support! Happy Holidays.

Hi team model is 720 P

It started out of the blue yesterday and started rotating , I switched it off . After few hours when I started it, there is no picture on the screen .

Hi, @pad22 We appreciate you reporting to us about the problem. We will look into it immediately. Could you try these troubleshooting steps?

Baby Monitor Troubleshooting Guide:

1. Press and hold the power button on the baby monitor for 10-15 seconds.
  2. Turn off both monitor and camera to restart/re-sync, wait for 10 secs then power it back on. Turn on the camera first & then the baby monitor, once everything is ON make sure the camera has a SOLID green light indicating that it’s already synced to the baby monitor.
  3. Wipe the lens of the cameras with a clean cloth.
  4. FACTORY RESET do it 3x
    *PRESS MENU
    *GO TO SETTINGS (GEAR ICON)
    *FACTORY RESET (ARROW GO ON CIRCLE)

If the issue is not resolved kindly email support@vava.com to further assist you.

Mine is doing it too. I’ve suspected it’s done it many times before when I’ve picked up monitor after an hour or two and the camera isn’t in the spot where it should be. But I finally caught it in action. I don’t think a boiler plate factory reset should be your suggestion here. This is clearly a problem and if our cameras are hacked we need some assistance not a standard customer service suggestion to reset the device. I want someone to look into my device specifically. I have a video of the camera rotating to include but it says an iPhone video is compatible in its original form to upload here.

Hi there, please email our support team at support@vava.com and send us a video of your concern for our team to review.

We look forward to receiving an email from you. Thank you and have a great day!

Good Afternoon,

I recently noticed my camera moving on its own on multiple times yesterday. I have contacted VAVA’s customer support via email, and phone. I have asked both employees I spoke to if the VAVA baby monitor is an FHSS monitor, neither of them could answer my question. A case was opened, 22097790, and I have to wait 72 hours for an answer from their engineers, which is ridiculous considering this is a time sensitive manner regarding safety of their product.

I called a competitors customer service line, asking the same question and they answered it immediately with supporting details.

VAVA lists their monitor as “hack free” on their website, but does not specify if it’s FHSS compatible.

I am hoping posting on here gets me a quicker response from them. I received a response this morning via email after my general inquiry last night asking if its an FHSS monitor. After responding to their email response this morning, I got an “out of office email”.

Hi, @knewmom we truly apologize for the experience but rest assured that the VAVA Baby Monitor uses FHSS technology to transmit signals. The unit moving on its own might just be a mechanical concern which we would be very happy to assist you with. We have sent you the document for you to check. Thank you!

Has there been any updates to this. Our monitor started doing this as well which is quite concerning. I see others posting, however if this is a known issue is there some documentation that can be shared? Very concerning.

Hi @Lbt61 We are sorry you are having issues with your unit. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

1. Press and hold the power button on the baby monitor for 10-15 seconds.
  2. Turn off both monitor and camera to restart/re-sync, wait for 10 secs then power it back on. Turn on the camera first & then the baby monitor, once everything is turned on make sure the camera has a solid green light indicating that it’s already synced to the baby monitor.
  3. Wipe the lens of the cameras with a clean cloth.
  4. Factory reset (3 times).
    -Press menu.
    -Go to settings (gear icon).
    -Factory reset.

If the issue continues, please send us a video of the issue and send it to support@vava.com, so our team can check. Thank you and have a great day!