Manage dashcam emergency and parking video space?

I’ve had my Dual Dash 2K Front/Rear mounted for a week or two now. I see that it deletes older video on the automatic “loop” as space runs out. But it looks like it permanently holds parking and emergency videos until deleted. That would seem like it could eventually really cut into how much space there is for the continuous loop if you forget to check it every few weeks. Is there a good way to manage this?

Thanks

Hi @draftpeppin. The best way to manage this is through the VAVA Dash app. As it is easy to access and you can delete and check recordings from there. Another option is to get a bigger capacity SD card. For model VA-VD002 the highest capacity we highly recommend is 128 GB.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

Thanks. Yes, obviously a bigger card helps, but it only drags out the inevitable. Eventually, less space is dedicated to the loop, and eventually, the emergency/parking video will take up the whole card if there is no manual deletion regularly. And, yes, obviously you can manually delete. What I’m asking is whether there’s a way to automatically manage it, similar to how you manage the loop. Why not offer an option to automatically purge after they are a week or a month old?

Hi @draftpeppin. The emergency recording will be overwritten by new ones. In regards to what you are asking currently, there is no option yet to automatically manage the recordings but this is a great suggestion. We will raise this with our engineers and hopefully add this feature on future updates.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

Thanks. At what interval does the emergency recording get overwritten? After about 2 or 3 hours of driving, the loop recordings were being automatically overwritten, but after 6 hours of driving, the original emergency ones were still there and were not overwritten.

HI @draftpeppin. When the emergency recorded videos reached 30% of the micro SD card space, the oldest ones will be overwritten by the new ones. By the way how many GB of SD card do you have? Can you try to plug the SD card into your computer without erasing any recordings so you would know how many MB is one video and try to check your snapshots as well if its taking too much space, this is also to check if there are still videos from a long time ago, as usually when opening the app you might not see older videos as it takes time to load.

Thank you! That helps significantly. I am pretty certain that I haven’t owned it long enough for it to reach 30% so that’s why it wasn’t erasing yet.

This would have been really useful information to have in the manual or on your website. I can’t be the first person who wondered this. :slight_smile:

Thank you!!!

Hi @draftpeppin. You’re most welcome. We definitely understand that these information might not be very noticeable on the manual because of the small prints. We will try to request to our team if this can be highlighted. In any case we are glad that your questions have been answered.