Latest Update Issues

The screen only goes black. It doesn’t turn off, we have to use the power button on the vava remote to turn it off.

I recently updated the firmware again. The CEC issue has been resolved. My apple TV can properly turn off the Projector when I put the Apple to “Sleep”. Thank you. Vava team. This project is near without flaws. My family love it.

How do you change the boot source settings?

Replying to myself here in case anyone ends up here from google.

You can set the boot source and it’s pretty easy it’s just not in the most intuitive place in the menus. I’ll do my best to describe:

1. From the projector home screen (the purple screen with the inputs & App Store) use your remote to navigate to the gear in the upper right and select the gear.
  2. Next, from the overlay of options, navigate to “ Display
  3. Scroll down to “boot source” and use the left/right arrow on the remote to select the boot source you want to use. NOTE: boot source is two options below “electronic power focus” so you will need to scroll to see it.

This has worked like a charm for me, and with HDMI 2.0 & HDMI-CEC turned on I’m able to use my apple remote & Apple TV to wake the projector to boot right into the Apple TV, and put the project to sleep when I put my Apple TV to sleep. Another side note – I didn’t see the “Boot source” option initially when setting up my projector, but I also wasn’t looking. After I updated my projector to the latest firmware and saw others on here talking about the boot source I decided to comb through the menus to find it myself.

Hello, I performed the v2.01 firmware update and now my vava’s wifi does not work. Please help

I have the same problem. Pls let me know what solved your problem

1 Like

Hey jdarun, I’ve already contacted vava support but unfortunately they have not responded yet. I did find a way to connect to wifi using a mobile hotspot. Worse case wait for another update and update it though a hotspot connection. I’ll keep you posted

I’m starting to get frustrated with my vava. After the most recent update my sound cuts out for about 2-3 seconds every 4-6mins. It’s super annoying, and almost embarrassing when having company over to watch a movie. Also, after the update the wifi has stopped functioning and will not connect. I use a fire stick so the wifi doesn’t bother me, but the sound is killing me. I literally can’t watch tv on it bc the audio cutting out is that annoying.

Anyone who has a remedy please let me know… thanks!

There is a v2.01 firmware update?

There is however it will just cause your vava to crash

Can’t install v2.01, get Android error, I hope they fix this?

I have the same problem. someone please post a fix

Had the same problem. After a restart the install went through.

I did a restart and had it go to 6% then crash and get Android error. So you are running the v2.01 firmware?

Yes, after e reeboot it installed fine.

At first i thought my VAVA broke. I think i pressed the power button on the vava for a few seconds, then entering into an android setup or something like that.
But i can´t remember what option i did choose.

So this gets really wierd now.
Today i got an update info for a new version. (V2.01)

But i am allready running on V2.01.

Ohhhh never mind the above post.
It installed a new update and now i am running V2.10

So last night 12/22/2020 my Vava 4k Projector completed the V2.10 update and as soon as it finished the system powered down, then turned back on. Now it powers completely down every 20-30 mins automatically. I’ve looked every where to find the previous version so revert back to since there was no issue there but cant find that either. I’ve reached out to support and now waiting to hear back. Until then I can only watch short tv shows since it will automatically turn itself off now.

We regret to hear that you have issues after upgrade. We would like you try to do a factory reset first then check if you have the same issue. Then do system upgrade again that usually fixes this issues.