Invalid Serial Number

I bought a base and two security camera’s and a base on ebay. VAVA 1080P HD Wireless Security Camera Outdoor WIFI Cam Home. It Says sold by vava-official-store. I get a pop up saying Invalid S/N! Please try another. This is the second set I have bought, both are Invalid S/N. What is going on here? This is very frustrating not having working cameras.

Hello, @therresahammonds Thank you for notifying us about this issue. We will look into this immediately. This error msg is common if the base and camera are already synced to other users or possible system glitch. Since this was purchased from eBay and eBay is an open online market this could be used.

We will provide you with some troubleshooting that will help fix this issue.

Home Cam Troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn off the base station and camera / unplug it from the power source. Wait for 10-15 seconds before turning it back on.
  2. Turn on the base station first, then the camera. Make sure to establish solid white light on the “INTERNET” which means the internet is connected.
  3. Unplug / Replug the ethernet cable from the base station.
  4. Format the TF card.
  5. Press and hold the “SYNC button and Reset Button” simultaneously until the LED indicator flashes red and white alternately to bring the base station into pairing mode.
  6. Factory reset the home cam base and cameras, then pair it with the camera again.
  7. Log out the app and reopen it.
  8. Uninstall and Reinstall the VAVA Home app.
  9. Press the “SYNC” button at the bottom of the camera to turn it on. The Led indicator on the camera will stay solid on RED for 5 seconds.
  10. Reboot your ISP - Internet Provider to establish the connection from the router to the base station. Wait for 5 mins until all connections are already booted up.

If the issue persists kindly email our support@vava.com

This does not help any. I had the same issue and had to return it.

1 Like

I had to return one set because of the same problem. Their solution is to replace my set of two cameras with one camera. I agreed just because I’m tired of messing with it. I’ve been without a camera system for 2 now. :rage:

Hi @therresahammonds We regret to hear that. This is not what we want our customers to experience. Hoping you’ll get your replacement unit soon.