Invalid S/N Please try another!

I purchased two cameras (HS003) from Walmart earlier this month and they work great. I saw a website called side deals that had two camera systems and so I bought three twin pack systems, also HS003. The Walmart purchased systems I was able to pair both cameras to one base but when I try to add the six new cameras I get an error message Invalid S/N Please try another. I have been on the community board and see that a factory reset should fix this but there are no instructions for the factory reset for the camera. I have tried to pair all six of the cameras to the base stations that were in the boxes they came with but I still get Invalid S/N Please try another. I would like the instructions on how to perform the factory reset for the cameras.

Hi @tschomer, Thank you for notifying us about this issue. We will look into this. Kindly try the suggested steps below to try and fix the issue.

Home Cam Troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn off the base station and camera / unplug it from the power source. Wait for 10-15 seconds before turning it back on.
  2. Turn on the base station first, then the camera. Make sure to establish solid white light on the “INTERNET” which means the internet is connected.
  3. Unplug / Re-plug the ethernet cable from the base station.
  4. Format the TF card.
  5. Press and hold the “SYNC button and Reset Button” simultaneously until the LED indicator flashes red and white alternately to bring the base station into pairing mode.
  6. Factory reset the home cam base and cameras, then pair them with the camera again.
  7. Log out of the app and reopen it.
  8. Uninstall and Reinstall the VAVA Home app.
  9. Press the “SYNC” button at the bottom of the camera to turn it on. The Led indicator on the camera will stay solid on RED for 5 seconds.

Please note this would be the last T.S if the above steps are not successful: Reboot your ISP - Internet Provider to establish the connection from the router to the base station. Wait for 5 mins until all connections are already booted up.

If the issue still persists kindly reach out to our support@vava.to further assist you. Thank you!

I had the same issue when I bought mine. I did the same thing that @tschomer said to do. Come to find out its because someone else had logged on to the camera (refurbished) there was no way of resetting it so I had to return it and get another…hope you had success…

It worked, as soon as they added the base station serial #s to their database the cameras were able to be added to the existing station I had running. I now have all eight cameras up and running, but I had to use two base stations, only 4 cameras to one, didn’t see that when I was looking into this system.

Hello @tschomer, Thank you for the feedback. In line with this, the maximum number of cameras you can set up in one base station is 4x. So, if you have 8 cameras you need to have 2 base stations.