HDR being detected even when disabled

I have HDR set to off on the projector but the attached roku streaming stick+ always finds/sets HDR as enabled. There a way to fix this so the projector stops signaling hdr is supported?

Hi @garyb. Please try to check this article from the Roku support page: Roku. You may want to check if the Roku Streaming Stick display type menu is set to auto detect.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

I forgot to mention I even set the roku to force 4k 60hz (no hdr) which seems to work ok until either the roku or projector get restarted at which point the roku reverts to autodetects. Then we’re back where we’re started.

Hi @garyb. If the Roku goes back to auto detect after restart kindly contact Roku for additional help in changing the settings. As for the projector make sure to turn on HDMI 2: hold down the menu button while viewing your source, and toggle HDMI 2.0 to on.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!