HDMI Audio Out (Not Working?)

I bought a Sony 4K BluRay player, but my receiver isn’t 4K.

The back of the Sony 4K player has HDMI 1 (Audio/Video) and HDMI 2 (Audio Only).

I would plug the HDMI 1 from Sony to the HDMI 1 on the VAVA.

Then out from the VAVA HDMI (ARC) to the receiver HDMI 1?

I’m confused.

HELP!!!

Hi @sacolton can you try to set your sound settings of the projector to HDMI ARC and enable HDMI 2.0 on HDMI channel 3 of the projector and plug in your receiver to the HDMI 3 port, then you will have to plug in your display devices to HDMI 1 or 2 essentially splitting your audio and visual signals.

I will try that and let you know if it works.

Hello @sacolton Let us know how it goes. You can also reach out to us through support@vava.com for more troubleshooting.

No luck so far.

From the Sony 4K player: HDMI 1 to VAVA HDMI 1.
From the VAVA 4K: HDMI 3 (ARC) to Receiver HDMI 1.
Set Audio Out to HDMI ARC in VAVA setup.
Set HDMI 2.0 to ON.
Set Receiver to HDMI 1.
Play movie - UHD 4K video, but no audio.

Suggestions?

The only thing that will work in your scenario is plugging your blu-ray into your av receiver. And getting you an optical cord from your receiver to the vava. You’ll only get 5.1 sound for now until you get a 4k receiver that can process your blu-ray.

Hi @sacolton. Did you try to set the sound mode into RAW? If you are still having issues please send us an email at support@vava.com with the receiver model so we can further assist you. Thank you!

I’m having the same issue. If I have a video device plugged into HDMI 1 and use HDMI 3 for out, I don’t get any sound. I also followed the steps above without success. I may just get a SPDIF cable.

Hi @Bakels. Please let us know if the SPDIF connection works for you.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

Well, the SPDIF out works but I don’t get Dolby ATMOS and Disney + has no sound. I tried RAW and PCM.

Hi @Bakels Optical cables don’t carry Atmos. We suggest reaching out to support@vava.com for further assistance about this.

I have 2 bluray players that work great - generally. I also have an Android box for video streaming, and I’m using a Visio 5.1 sound bar HT system. Everything works great for a few months then suddenly I get no audio out on the bluray player. Thought the HDMI cable went bad so I purchased a new one, same issue - no audio. So I switched the HDMI cable from my Android box to my bluray player, and got audio. So is the Vava HDMI port going bad or something?

Hi there, can you please send us a video of the issue and your setup? Send it to support@vava.com for our team to check the issue.

We look forward to your email. Thank you!