VA-LT002 Queries

After all this time the DTS Lip Sync issue continues. I do not like setting my 4K player’s audio out put to LPCM as it removes so much detail and the volume is so low. I have been complaining about this since day one. I cannot afford to spend money on the new Chroma…I did buy the 100’screen for 549 that is on sale. I f you cannot and will not fix this, been over a year for me, you should allow for a trade up to the Chroma . It is our money and our experiences that have allowed you to fix what is wrong with the original VAVA UST in a new model. So how about it. Lot’s of electronics companies allow for a trade in upgrade. Since you cannot fix ours, and we helped you fix yours, how about some help. I would gladly trade in and pay the difference for the Chroma.

Hi, @gene9p We’re sorry for the trouble you are having with your VAVA 4k UST Projector. We will take note of this and will forward it to our product team for improvements. Unfortunately, we don’t have the Trade-In option for VAVA Chroma. We suggest you visit our Indiegogo website to view the real-time status offer for the VAVA Chroma: VAVA Chroma Triple Laser Projector | Indiegogo. We also suggest you send an email to support@vava.com so we can further assist you. Thank you!

VAVA isn’t sufficiently capitalized to allow for trade in programs or anything like that. That’s why their newest projector (which seems like a considerable upgrade) is only going to scale after a crowdsourced funding campaign.

They make mostly decent tech. The 4K projector issues are very annoying but I’ve worked around everything but 1) turning the damn thing on and off with the annoying white remote and 2) waiting 300 years to select an HDMI input.

Issue 1 isn’t going to be fixed by VAVA. I’m not holding my breath on Issue 2 but there’s an outside chance they could use a software update to default to the previous HDMI input instead of the home screen. Again, very unlikely they’ll continue to support the current 4k projector.

1 Like

I have the black Vava 4K with the Nvidia Shield TV connected to HDMI 1. When I switch on the Vava 4K, the Shield TV also switches on and the screen shows the Shield TV already. I did not have to use the Vava 4K remote to select the HDMI 1 input.

1 Like

Still no announcement?

Hello @jumon We appreciate your following-up on this. As of the moment, still no announcement. Don’t worry if there would be an update it will be posted on our FB page so all customers will be notified. We suggest you joined the 4K FB Group VAVA 4K Projector Community | Official. Thank you for your time!

@TeamVAVA , please also post it here in this forum. Not everyone has FB or wants to have FB. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello, @williammuk Thank you for sharing your inputs. Sure, no problem we will request to post it in the forum. Have a great day! Thank you for your continuous support.

1 Like

Vava, don’t you understand that potential customers are reading these threads, and will be reluctant to buy one of your projectors knowing that bugs will never be resolved?

1 Like

Hi @tugando We truly understand. We have forwarded this concern to our Engineering Team and will get in touch with you once we have the latest update. We suggest you join our VAVA 4K Community FB Page for updates. Thank you for all the support! Keep safe.

Hi @TeamVAVA I truly understand. I have read your canned response and appreciate your canned empathy. Running a tech company is hard work but customers do value honesty. Here’s a potential response I propose you submit to the higher ups. “We here at VAVA are on the cutting edge of short throw projectors. We recognize that our world class and industry leading 4k UST projector has both amazing features and critical shortcomings. Unfortunately, this is the hallmark of any new tech company. Going forward, we’ll focus on our upcoming Chroma projector and aim to make it better wherever we can. Sadly, this means that our 4K UST original will need to stand on its own.”

5 Likes

I swear, @TeamVAVA is a bot which always responds with the same verbiage. Hey bot, tell your superiors to open source the code for the original VAVA projector, so that the community can fix these damn bugs on their own.

2 Likes

Bugs? Just do a factory reset and everything will be fine. /s

And… still nothing for us original owners. Sad…

How many months have they been saying an update is coming?

1 Like

There is an update to 2.20, it does basically nothing though. CEC still broken and unit randomly turns itself on and stays on for days if you dont watch it. Horrible.