VA-LT002 Queries

I’ve noticed (and been relentlessly targeted by ads) for Vava’s upcoming Chroma projector. As best I can tell, the feature list for this new projector appears to fix just about every shortcoming of the current model (e.g., no CEC control, compatibility with Amazon Alexa, voice remote, etc.)

Accordingly, is it fair to assume that VAVA is moving away from (or even abandoning) the current model and any chances of a software fix for any of the above issues or others (e.g., the HDMI input delay)

2 Likes

Hi @Rstube Thank you for your feedback. We will check with our engineering team about the software updates and fixes for the current VAVA 4K UST. We will keep you posted if there will be new firmware updates. You can email our support@vava.com for further information. Thank you for your all out support.

Yea, I’m pretty sure they have. Someone (bot?) keeps answering that they will forward whatever you ask about to the “engineering team” but nothing ever happens.

1 Like

I hope not.Their coders should be able to continue supporting and enhance the features and capabilities of this unit. Would be ideal too to bring some of the features of Chroma via software if the hardware can support it. Besides, I only bought it couple months ago…

1 Like

I dont think there is any more code work going on for this unit. It has major problems with CEC and external control that should have been fixed long ago. There are no new firmware updates since last year, just promises to “pass it on to the developers” which I guess could be true since, if there are no developers, nothing will ever be forwarded.

Hi @jumon We appreciate your feedback on this matter. We will take note of your feedback and refer this to our Engineering Team for future upgrades. Thank you!

and there is the bot. You can see my other post here that shows the standard bot response.

Hi @jumon. Please be assured we are not abandoning the current model in fact we are gathering suggested improvements from our customers to forward it to our product team and push it for development. Thank you!

2 Likes

It would be great if you could share with us the enhancement roadmap and estimated timeline. Thanks.

1 Like

+1 for to fix roku + cec issues.

1 Like

Hi @williammuk We are currently gathering suggestions and improvements from customers so we can forward them to our product team and press them for development. For the timeline, there’s no estimated timeframe yet with the limited resources and manpower we have right now, we hope for your understanding. Thank you!

Hi @garyb We are grateful for sharing your suggestions with us. We will forward this to our product team for improvements. Thank you for your all out support!

Its been almost a full year since the last firmware update. How many years will your company be gathering suggested improvements?

3 Likes

Why don’t you open source the code of the original VAVA projector? Given that you are low on manpower, this will allow the community to fix all the pending issues.

2 Likes

Hi @tugando We appreciate your suggestions. We will take note of this and forward it to our product team for future upgrades. Thank you!

Hi @Lmagy2k Rest assured we are not abandoning the current model we are gathering suggestions to enhance the features for improvements and forward this to our product team for development. Thank you!

2 Likes

Poor support for the early adopters mean people will not support your future projects. I for one refuse to upgrade to a Chroma, because I’ve only had the original one for two years.

There are others in this market now. They will eat your lunch if their support is better than yours.

2 Likes

I appreciate the job you have to do but the facts continue to indicate the current model has been abandoned. Take the recent marketing email I received about the Chroma…a snippet:

FIRMWARE

• Adjusted the % of red, green, and blue lasers, so image quality will look much better and realistic than the previous batch (both Build Montage and EBPMan reviewed Chroma prototype from the previous batch)
  • Improved color accuracy and calibration

WE ARE NOT DONE. Our team is now working on the following features:

• 3D feature
    *** HDMI ARC compatibility**
    *** CEC Compatibility**
    *** Improvement of OS and user interface**
  • Picture quality and color calibration

Our next pilot group will be near the end of September, at which point we will provide another update as soon as we can. Thanks for your support and patience; Chroma is getting better every day!

We’ll be back with another update soon.

If those upgrades can help the existing projector, great. But the need to engage, interact, and update is only with the Chroma it appears.

2 Likes

Hi @AxeBro We regret to hear this happened. We understand how you feel. This feedback is much appreciated. We suggest you send an email to support@vava.com so we can further assist you. Thank you!

Hi @Rstube We understand how you feel. This feedback is much appreciated. We are looking for your suggestions for us to forward to our product team for improvements. We suggest you send an email to support@vava.com so we can further assist you. Thank you!