Dust particle inside the projector

I just received my projector and I noticed a constant white orb on the bottom left area on dark scenes :frowning: I can see dust particles inside the mirror area, I wonder if its possible to air blast the mirror somehow.?

Hi @cdesigns We regret to hear you are having issues with your VAVA 4k UST Projector. Would you be so kind to try the following steps to see if it solves the issue?

Please try performing a factory reset by going to Settings> General> Factory Reset.
Once the projector is reset, please make sure that the projector has the latest firmware.
This can be done by going to Settings>General>Update version. Please update the projector if it is not up to date.

If the issue is still not fixed, kindly take a video of it and send it to support@vava.com. Thank you!

The issue is with dust particles inside the mirror area.

Does updating to latest firmware remove dust particles?

No, I can returned to Best Buy and get another one, but its an easy fix if I can only airblow the dust particle… is the same problem I get with my telescope lenses and camera sensors.

Hello, @cdesigns and @williammuk Hope you’re both doing well. Looking at the photo. I think it’s not a dust particle. We have this similar issues with other customers with the lens or projecting image. Did you try to project it on a different surface? How about wiping the lens with a clean cloth? and kindly try to do basic troubleshooting like factory reset and firmware update. Just to see if it will fix the issue. Enjoy your day! Thank you.

I factory reset the projector and updated the firmware, still the same, white orb stays not matter what wall I use… I wiped the lens and you can see the dust particle big piece on the mirror inside the unit… I called best buy and they are sending me a new one.

2 Likes

Hi @cdesigns We’re sorry to hear that. We’re happy to hear that BestBuy was able to process a replacement. Enjoy your week.