Does VAVA Projector work with WISA Soundsend?

I can’t get my Platin Monaco 5.1 System with WISA Soundsend to work in 5.1 Dolby Digital… I use the ARC, HDMI 2.0, RAW, an Nvidia Shield, and I tried a Chromecast TV. Nothing… If I put it in PCM I get virtual surround only, RAW is choppy sound or no sound. whats the deal? Does WISA just not work or is it the ARC port?

*Update: So an optical cable can get me 5.1 but not the HDMI so its def a VAVA problem. Optical is perfectly fine honestly but now I lose the CEC feature of the HDMI/ARC. Sucks…

Hi @jlprkr74 We appreciate the feedback you gave. We will look into it immediately. The CEC doesn’t work through optical.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. The only thing I can get from the HDMI port is WISA’s virtual surround on PCM. I would love to get true Dolby Digital from the ARC/HDMI port on my VAVA through RAW.

Hi @jlprkr74 We will provide you with some troubleshooting steps to help you with the sound settings.

Audio Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Try to change the audio output on the projector to HDMI ARC- VAVA 4K UST Projector Tutorial #1: How to set up the audio output:
    VAVA 4K UST Projector Tutorial #1: How to set up audio output - YouTube
  2. Try to change the audio output on the projector to - Speaker
  3. Try to change the digital output to - Dolby digital
  4. Audio mode input - Stereo
  5. Try different HDMI IN ports either HDMI 1, 2, 3
    On the AVR:
  6. HDMI 3 - ARC
  7. If HDMI cable will not work try and test it out using Optical IN

If you are using a 3rd party streaming device try to change the audio mode to either stereo, Dolby Digital, or turn off Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Atmos.

If you need further assistance kindly email our support@vava.com

Thanks but I don’t think you understand the issue, this is basic troubleshooting and not helpful.

Using an HDMI 2.0 cable
HDMI 2.0 set to “On”
HDMI ARC port
Audio Output set to HDMI ARC
Digital Output set to RAW
Nvidia Shield Pro and Chromcast TV

AUDIO DOES NOT WORK AND IS DISTORTED (sorry caps) with WISA Soundsend System

HDMI 2.0 cable
HDMI 2.0 set to “On”
HDMI ARC port
Audio Output set to HDMI ARC
Digital Output set to PCM
Nvidia Shield Pro and Chromecast TV

AUDIO DOES WORK (sorry caps) but ONLY in stereo with WISA Soundsend System

Using Optical Cable
Audio Output set to SPDIF
Digital Output set to RAW
Nvidia Shield Pro and Chromecast TV

AUDIO DOES WORK (sorry caps) and does get me Dolby Digital 5.1 with a WISA Soundsend.

Why does HDMI 2.0 out of the ARC port not work in RAW mode?

Hi, @jlprkr74 If you’re using an external speaker and you would like to activate the HDMI-ARC you need to connect it on HDMI 3 ARC then change to Speaker and Digital output RAW.

If issue still persist kindly send a short video of the issue via support@vava.com

You’re obviously not reading what I wrote and pushing out generic responses… I will email support and hope they can actually help or fix the issue in a future update.

1 Like

I purchased an HD Fury Arcana and it fixed all the problems and even got me Dolby Vision. Sucks I had to buy a secondary device but it is what it is.

1 Like