Docking Station - USB C 12-in-1 4k

Hi guys, I recently bought a USB C DK004 12-in-1 docking station. My Alienware has a USB C that is capable of handling two 4k monitors.

I currently have 2 2k monitors and I can only get one to consistently show up, and the second one consistently down grades the signal to 1920 * 1080. I’ve updated my thunderbolt drivers, onboard intel drivers, and my laptops nvidia drivers.

Any drivers or dashboard app that would help would be greatly appreciated, due to such limited support of documentation or lack of video setup software

Hi @brucekraftjr, welcome to the VAVA community! Are you using the monitors to mirror view or extended view? Kindly send the details of the issue to support@vava.com for further assistance on this matter. Thank you!

hi there, I am using them in extended view.

ok will email now, thank you for responding

Hi @brucekraftjr. You are welcome. They are our dedicated support team that can assist you better on this. Thank you!

I’m running into the same issue. I plug both monitors into the hub and I can’t extend the displays when my laptop is closed. All I’m left with is both monitors mirroring each other. I’ve tried changing this in Display Preferences and the layout option is not there like it usually is.

fyi these are my laptop specs
MacBook Pro 13in 2020
2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Catalina v. 10.15.7 (19H15)

Hi @neil_a , We regret to hear that you have the same issue with our VAVA USB-C Docking station, usually when you plug it in it should allow you to extend the monitor while the laptop screen is closed. We are currently checking if there are any compatibility issues with the your Mac OS. Kindly send the details of the issue to support@vava.com for further assistance on this matter. Thank you!

I’m having the same issue with Windows 10. Also mouse is suddenly VERY laggy.
I have a Surface 3 Laptop
Windows OS build 19043.906
Windows 10 Ent

Just started today…been fine for months up to this point.

Hi @10e. Please try to reboot your laptop then remove the docking station and all connected devices. Then let is rest for an hour. Next, connect your devices before plugging in the docking station into the laptop. If this will not work please send an email to support@vava.com for further technical assistance. Thank you!