Chroma Motion Blur/Ghosting

Hello!
I’m having problems with motion blur and a pretty bad ghosting effect with my Chroma. It’s not apparent during bright scenes. But in darker scenes, especially ones with a lot of browns and greys it’s really distracting.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Having the same problem. Android crashes almost every time we restart as well. Very frustrating.

If you watch any type of Star Wars light sabre scenes - terrible artifacts as well.

Thanks for your response, Rayvava!
I really like the machine a lot. But I find myself having to work stuff out…kinda annoying for the price point.
Anyway, yeah, Star Wars is the worst. I was watching the Obi-Wan finale last night through a 4K Fire Stick* and there were parts where the ghosting was so bad I almost turned it off!
*Have to use the Fire Stick for D+ because the app on the Chroma gives me severe audio lag.

1 Like

Hello @javasmark and @Rayvava, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will look into this. Actually, this is a known issue and we are waiting for the next software update to clear this however, there are reports that this could be fixed by simply doing a reboot, factory reset, and checking if the firmware is up to date. May we know where did you purchase the chroma?

Hi there!
Thank you for responding!
I bought the Chroma and 120" ALR Screen through the VAVA website.
I’ve done the reboot, factory reset and my firmware is at LV068_V1.6.1_20220324.113244.
Looking forward to the next firmware update for the clean picture! :grinning:
-javasmark

1 Like

Hi @javasmark and @Rayvava, In line with this issue could you please share with us a sample photo of the issue. Thank you!

Hello, I am having the same issue with my Vava. Would be nice to get an update to fix the problem. Is there a timeline for updates?

Same problem with my Vava. I feel like I wasted $3,000 since I cannot return the unit and get a refund

Having same problem since unboxing. Best way to get around it is to set the image mode to “game mode” and not adjust any of the other settings.

1 Like

I’ve done the same thing, Kamronlusk. It has totally helped SO MUCH!
Look, in all fairness I’m really happy with the Chroma (and the screen). I’m super grateful that I can have something like this in my home. Most people I know are running off somewhere between 42-65". As a film/TV fan, it’s pretty stunning. I watched Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on it over the weekend and it was easily a better experience from all aspects than it would have been in a movie theater. Barring places like the Alamo Drafthouse and iPic theaters, which I consider more church than movie theaters, I’ve really come to loathe the movie theater experience. Looking forward to running some more new stuff like X and the 4K transfer of True Romance I should be receiving in the mail tomorrow. :smile:
Do I wish there was less tweaking? Of course! But I’ve always found that to be expected with equipment like this. Even if it’s something as simple as adjusting throw or focus.
I don’t regret the purchase at all. It’s still very new tech. And I’m glad they’re listening to us about things that need to be altered/fixed/whatever.

1 Like

I’ll add my feedback to the list - I love the image in bright scenes, but it is super poor quality in dark scenes as all movement looks blurred. I also have done all the reboot-factory reset-reboot steps and the problem is still present.

Hopefully VAVA can fix this soon!

1 Like

Hey arperterson57!
Yeah I was having the same problem. It was really hard watching the first half of Obi-Wan for me, but I kept reading in places to change the settings to “Game” and it still isn’t perfect, but it made a WORLD of difference. Give it a shot. I hope it works for you!! :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Kamronlusk We appreciate your recommendation. This is also a way to improve the quality of the image. We appreciate your support!

Hi @focal and @andreasonny83, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that our teams are fully aware of this issue. You may try changing it to GAME mode. As of the moment, our development team is still working on fixing this issue. Possibly the next firmware update will be released in mid-July. Thank you for your support!

Thank you @TeamVAVA .
I tried using the Game mode but that doesn’t solve the issue. Probably the ghosting is a bit less invasive but overall it still remains terrible to watch

1 Like

Hi @andreasonny83, Thank you for letting us know. We will get in touch with you as soon as we have the latest firmware update.

Like everyone is saying - when it’s a bright scene, everything is perfect. When it is a dark scene, it depends on the scene… If it’s Darth Vader on the observation deck of an Imperial Star Destroyer, it’s still perfect. But if it’s got any kind of dirt/dust/smoke effect going on and/or there’s a lot of action in a scene with a lot of greys/browns, the action can be blurry and the overall picture (even with no real action going on) turns into video from a CD-ROM circa 1995. It just looks weird.

Using “Game” mode did not work for me as the problem was still present (in my mind at an unacceptable level). So I rewired everything to go through a Denon AV receiver and have VAVA take it’s input from the Denon Receiver only and this appears to have made a dramatic improvement. Whatever processing Denon does to the HDMI signal appears to help VAVA render it properly in low-light scenes.

Anyone else tried this?

1 Like

I’m having the same ghosting problems, especially Dark scenes like in The Batman, and other color vibrant movies in dark scenes with gray and Red.

What model is the receiver or do you think it might be any of their receivers?