Chroma - high pitched noise

Dear Vava Team,

i was one of your fist backers and received my Chroma beginning of last year. Unfortunately it had a serious problem: The higher the brightness was set the louder we had to endure a screaching sound. Watching anything on the otherwise great unit was not possible. It took me 10 months!!! of discussion and >20 mails to receive a replacement unit.

The new unit unfortunately has the same problem as well. The high pitched noise is not depending on the brightness level but as soon as the light source starts there is a loud noise in a very high frequency that is louder than the fan noise and as with the old unit it is not possible to enjoy any movie on this projector. I checked different Chromas in stores and these units did not make this sound (only the fan noise which is in much lower frequencies and for me no problem at all).

Since i am waiting now for almost a year (after payment): Please send me a working unit!!!

@ Other Chroma users: Anybody else who is facing this issue? Any idea how to solve?

BR
Patrick

Hi there,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Could you please send a copy of the original purchase receipt and a video demonstrating the problem with the device via email to support@vava.com? We will have dedicated customer service to solve your problem.

If you require any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Dear Vava Team,

so for the last year (!!!) i am in contact with support@vava.com. I have written 20+ mails, i have shared proof (via recorded video) that the noise is way out of your specification and was promissed a replacement unit or repair. Unfortunately this process is still pending and honestly speaking i am lossing patience by now. I received my first unit more than 2 years ago and still do not have a working unit.

Before you ask: I have changed the power outlet, updated to newest SW and performed 3x factory reset. Issue is still existing and only seems to be fixible by replacement as you have done already several times before:

high-pitched screech sound - 4K Laser Projector - VAVA Community

[Chroma fan noise - 4K Laser Projector - VAVA Community]

CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE PROMISSED REPLACEMENT UNIT NOW?

I am exhausted to ask every week over and over again about the current status. I believe my contact is doing everything she can (alway very kind) but i am not willing to wait some more months (already waiting for 2 years!!!) to receive a working unit. Also i cannot accept the argument, that there are no units available. The Chroma is in the market now for 2 years and i can buy it on stock at several retail shops here in Germany. I also checked in the shop and none of the units made the high pitched noise that my unit is doing.

Thank you very much

Patrick