Cava two way dash cam

Hey so, I got my dash cam set up but I’m a bit confused. The dash cam seems to be recording all the time without stopping when the vehicle is turned off. I was under the Impression that the parking feature only activated when the gforce sensor activated it, rather than recording 24/7.
Disabling the parking feature doesn’t seem to stop it from constantly running either.

Is there a way to set the camera to only turn on when I turn on the car? Or for the parking mode to function as described above?

Hi @Damian. Our dashcams are designed to stop recording when the power is turned off and the built-in battery’s capacity is designed only for emergency recording in parking mode. One of the reason that it continues to record is maybe the port where you are plugging the dashcam is still providing power even when you turn off the engine. You may want to test it by charging your phone when the engine is off as some ports are designed this way. And the other reason why the dashcam continues to record is if it is hardwired.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!

I didn’t actually know that port was under constant power. How strange. Switching ports and it works as expected. Answers the question perfectly, thank you!

Hi @Damian. Great news! We are happy to help.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at support@vava.com. Thank you!