4K Dash Cam Over Heating

I’m having some issues with my 4K dash cam overheating. My first 4K overheated so much that the device started swelling and failing to operate. That one was replaced through warranty. The new one I received last week. Upon plugging in the new cam I could tell it was on the same track to over heat. It’s plugged in with the provided USB into a USB outlet that came standard in the car. I have a few images but can only post one. I’ve attached a pic of my USB voltage tester plugged into the vehicles stock USB port with the 4K cams cable. I’ve tested the cigarette lighter USB adapter as well and get the same readings. I have one of the 1080p GPS dash cams hooked up in the back that is working with no problems from the cigarette lighter or the cars USB port. The 4K overheats when plugged into either.

I’ve got the 4K disconnected now to avoid damaging it, but need some help identifying what is wrong. Voltage readings don’t indicate anything that should be causing any extra voltage to enter the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a pic of the digital temp of the device. After I got the pic, I unplugged it so the temp didn’t climb any higher. Safe operating temp according to the manual is 120 degrees.

UPDATE: After several months I finally got a replacement for my replacement camera… This is the third 4K dashcam I’ve used now. Same issue. Something is internally wrong with the 4K. The newest one I plugged in and let run for about 10 mins and the temperature went up to above 140 degrees! I’m going to be contacting support again and asking to replace it with a 1080 GPS cam. I have one 1080 cam already that works wonderfully.

@Th3Und3rground Thank you for the pictures you sent. By design, the dashcam should not overheat unless there is a defect, external temperature is high or exposed to high temperature during parking, and is physically damaged. I would highly recommend sending an email to support@vava.com if you would like to get more information/assistance. Have a great day!