How to do a USB update?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 2 months ago.

Tagged: 

How to do a USB update?

• GaryK
    Participant

Given that the OTA update isn’t working, I decided to try using a USB stick.

The only file I could find on the Support site was VAVAProjector-V1.1.0628.apk

Now since I’m currently on v1.23 this looked like a downgrade, but I wanted to figure out the process, and the user manual has a Factory Recover procedure under General Settings so I thought I would try it out.

So I downloaded the app file, Reformatted a USB stick to Fat32 and named it UPGRADE, then copied the app file to it.

I iturned off the projector, nserted the USB stick and started it up.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>I then went to theFile Manager

I selected the USB stick and was shown The app which I selected.

I then hit the Menu button and selected Detail from the context menu.

This gave the attached image showing Path: UPDATE/f4fdaddaa1.apk

So I assumed it would be able to use it for the update.

But I then went to General Update by USB Drive and hit the Select button under the File path: label

but all I got was a blank screen with<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>the heading<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>“Select Update File” and nothing else.

So I hit tieback button, checked the Wipe Data and Wipe Media checkboxes to see if there was some alternative structure it would put on the stick so that I could try copying again. Selecting the Update but simply found no file and select didn’t do anything so I don’t know how you’re supposed to wipe a USB stick (the apk file was still on it).

So does anybody have a clue as to how a USB stick should be formatted and how an apk file should be placed so that the projector can find an upgrade file?

Or are there detailed instructions somewhere that I’m missing?

1+
  • Robin
    Participant

There is new app update on vava.com

you can try download the zip and Install it

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Robin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Amber
2063 points